TVs and PS3 don't see Emby DLNA Server

lisa-k

I'm having a problem with the Emby DLNA server.

Emby server Version 3.0.5781.2 is installed on my PC running Windows 7 Pro.

I use Kodi with the Emby plugin on this PC and it works perfectly.

Also have no problem with Kodi and the Emby plugin on my laptop.

Installed the Emby app on my android phone and that works perfectly too.

However, I cannot see the Emby server on either of my TVs or my PS3.

I've tried editing the profiles to add their serial numbers for identification.

Also tried changing a number of settings to try figure out what the problem is.

Searched the forums and google for help

... But no matter what i try it just doesn't seem to work

These are the devices in my network:

192.168.1.1 router
192.168.1.3 PC running Emby and Kodi
192.168.1.4 Laptop running Kodi
192.168.1.5 Xperia Z3 running Emby android app
192.168.1.6 LG Smart TV
192.168.1.7 PS3
192.168.1.8 Samsung TV

I've attached the log file with DLNA debugging enabled.

Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.

server-63583820979.txt

No one have any idea what's going wrong here? Is there any more info I can share to help troubleshoot?

I suspect that it might be an authentication problem - is there any way to bypass entering the username and password? I have left the easy pin code empty and checked the box to Enable in-network sign in with my easy pin code

I am probably going to be no help, but a couple of questions:

- Do you have "Blast alive messages" enabled in your DNLA server settings? That is what I needed for my XB1, and while I see discover ssdp messages in your logs, I don't see any alive messages to those IP addresses.

- Are the devices listed in the Emby web client as "Play to" targets? Have you tried to "push" media to either the TV or PS3?

As for your authentication - that is how I have mine set up and there is no issue. You may want to check under your Server settings you are using the correct account.

Thanks for the response! 

I do have "blast alive messages" enabled, 30 second intervals. Both TVs are shown under "active devices", but the PS3 isn't there. Where do I see if they are "play to" targets? I do have "play to" enabled but I'm not sure how to use it? I've tried clicking on share on the android app and then choosing dlna, but it says that there aren't any dlna devices.

Vidman

You play to by choosing the device listed when clicking the cast button (the rectangle button) in the top right of the emby interface, the ps3 will not show up though as it is only a DLNA player, not a renderer so you can only browse your content from the ps3 you can not cast/play to it

Edited by Vidman
  • Like 1

Ok I tried it and unfortunately play to doesn't work. I see both TVs when clicking the cast button but nothing happens after selecting the device.

Happy2Play

So selecting your cast/select player device (TV) then going to media and clicking play doesn't work.  Can you provide a debug log of this.

Oh ok, so the cast button is to connect to the TV and then any media you play will show up on the TV until you disconnect. Thanks for clarifying!

This works for both TVs - I will do this instead of dlna

Yes. Windows media player shows up automatically. So does Serviio.

Emby doesn't show up on the TVs or the PS3. Even if I select "search for media servers" on the PS3, it still doesn't show up.

Emby doesn't show up on the TVs or the PS3. Even if I select "search for media servers" on the PS3, it still doesn't show up.

I have this working on a PS3, but it has been some time since I played around with trying to set it up, if memory serves me correctly I created a new user called Emby on the PS3, this found the media server. I then deleted my own user name on the PS3 and re created it and using the newly created 'me' Emby appeared under the music and movie section.

However, I have recently renamed my Emby media server using the GUI, but the PS3 still displays the old name (when logged on as me), but it still works. I'm not sure but I think this is related to the PS3's behaviour rather than Emby itself.......and I've not played around with any profile options within Emby.

Vidman

Sounds like you have a network issue then

Sounds like you have a network issue then

Wow, that seems a little irrational! Everything else works on the network, including internet and printer sharing and all other media servers which I've tried. The only thing that doesn't work is Emby and I am certain that it is not a firewall issue either.

Vidman

No its perfectly rational. Emby + ps3 works for me and everyone else...so if you definitely have dlna enabled in emby it must be something in your network.

Network issues can be tricky to sort out because everyone is different so there is no simple guide to follow

Edited by Vidman

• 6 months later...

Hi, I am testing now with a 2015 LG with the latest beta Emby Server, and both Dlna Play To and the Dlna Server are working out of the box with no problems. Please try again. Thanks.