Chapter images in media folder

shorty1483

Dibbes

have you customized the metadata folder path?

This happens (metadata is deleted) when a scan runs and the path is not available, no matter where the metadata folder is

• Like 1

AdrianW

have you customized the metadata folder path?

Yes - it's also on my NAS, mainly because I use Metabrowser and I want both Metabrowser and Emby to look at the same People folder.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to see chapter images stored with the media as well

Storing them in the base emby/metadata/library folder is problematic for people running emby in a docker container. Specifically, a typical unraid setup is to have the application data stored on an SSD, and media files stored on storage drives. I believe with the current way chapter images work, all of that gets stored on the SSD which takes up valuable space. Makes much more sense to store images alongside the media

I guess a workaround is to pass in a new share and set it as the metadata path, but that doesnt seem ideal as an additional share would need to be created

AdrianW

Yes I think it's a good idea for the future.

I hope you keep updating your "to do" list. ;)

Well look at the recent server release. Lots of long standing feature requests got done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
AdrianW

bump - again.

Can we please get chapter images store alongside the video files which has at least two benefits:

• Never having to rebuild chapter images again.
  • The option to manually replace black thumbnails that have been extracted on scene changes.

Also please note, if you enable thumbnail images there is an option to store in media folders. Thumbnail images can be used for both purposes.

AdrianW

@@AdrianW please keep beta discussion in the testing area. Thanks!

Sorry.

Also please note, if you enable thumbnail images there is an option to store in media folders. Thumbnail images can be used for both purposes.

Is that a recent feature? I don't remember seeing that one at all. I'll check it out tonight,

AdrianW

So, I found the option and enabled it for one library. The thumbnails are great for ET if you're using a mouse, or when using the WebUI - but as I use ET with a remote 99.9% of the time I'll never actual see the images on the scrubber bar.

I thought perhaps they'd appear in the Apple TV app, but no - not there either. So, not any use to me at all. 

And I can't see how they're being used for chapter images - it looks like they're still being extracted separately and stored on the server elsewhere.

AdrianW

So.... This FR should be marked complete?

No. I don't think so - IF you choose thumbnails then you can select to store those with the videos, but if all you want is chapters, then no, you can't store them with the videos - the option disappears when selecting chapter markers.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
steveblair

Thought I'd give this request a bump. I'd like to replace chapter images that are blurry or black and store those images with the original media.

• Like 1