Latest items doesn't populate for Music Videos

Ian-Highlander

Okay then what we need to make sure of is that the changes I made trying to fix this haven't broken anything else.  So please let me know if something else doesn't work right.

You are absolutely certain we're not dealing with a watched status issue or bad selection for the recent list option...

Ian-Highlander

Heh, you know me by now, if something breaks you'll know about it  :lol:

The screen is definitely set to "Latest" and all other ones (Movies, TV, Music, Collections) work as expected, it's only the music video one that doesn't. As mentioned if you add each video into it's own directory in the same way you would with films then it works but that's not ideal for music videos. I have mine in artist directory with multiple videos in each (I posted the various layouts I've tried earlier in this thread).

Ian-Highlander

Happy to, I'll clear it again when I get home tonight and do a clean log of it connecting in and post it later. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Ian-Highlander

@@ebr

Apologies for not getting back to you on this, completely slipped my mind if I'm honest.

Anyway, logs attached, this is from a completely clean start up. I stopped the server service, deleted all logs, restarted the server, opened the management interface in Chrome and let it finish an initial media scan, I then deleted the logs on EMC and started that up clean too and flicked between the latest tabs on all my main EHS screens in order once (TV Shows, Movies, Collections, Music, Music Videos) and then closed EMC again.

Still getting latest items on all tabs other than Music Videos.

Both logs attached (server and EMC), hope this helps.

MBClassic-2712016a9536456d2f6424ea30aa70c221ddeda.log

server-63589485434.txt

Edited by Ian-Highlander

EMC is doing the right thing now.  So, it has to be that the items in question are not being seen as music videos by the server.

IncludeItemTypes=musicvideo

Ian-Highlander

EMC is doing the right thing now.  So, it has to be that the items in question are not being seen as music videos by the server.

IncludeItemTypes=musicvideo

So is this caused by an issue in the server software itself, a configuration issue or what? I'm not sure what other options I have or any that may be misconfigured as it's not like it's the most complicated setup in the world, they are definitely added in a category of music videos that is set as type music videos (see screenshots earlier in this thread).

As I say though, it's not the end of the world, would be nice to get to the bottom of it and resolve it but if it can't be then it can't be.

Edited by Ian-Highlander

fuzzypiglet

I would just like to add to this that since the most recent update (3.0.298.0) I am not seeing any items in my TV tab of the EHS in exactly the same way as your music videos are missing.

I don't have a music videos tab because I've never looked into that area of Emby (I didn't even know there was a way to add music videos to the system).

So I don't think this issue is specific to music videos

Edited by fuzzypiglet

I would just like to add to this that since the most recent update (3.0.298.0) I am not seeing any items in my TV tab of the EHS in exactly the same way as your music videos are missing.

I don't have a music videos tab because I've never looked into that area of Emby (I didn't even know there was a way to add music videos to the system).

So I don't think this issue is specific to music videos

Yes, in his case it is.  Your issue is likely something else.  Please open a new topic and include an EMC log.  Thx.

• 3 weeks later...
solidus28

I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of my true latest items on my Music Videos tab in EMC after upgrading the server to 5870 today!!!  Both before and after upgrading EMC to 299.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Eric's previous question about the server seeing the videos as "musicvideos" may have been correct.  The server update definitely did the trick!  Guess we'll have to see what others say, but we may finally be able to put this one to bed!

How's your library looking, Ian?

Ian-Highlander

I was pleasantly surprised to see a bunch of my true latest items on my Music Videos tab in EMC after upgrading the server to 5870 today!!!  Both before and after upgrading EMC to 299.  I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that Eric's previous question about the server seeing the videos as "musicvideos" may have been correct.  The server update definitely did the trick!  Guess we'll have to see what others say, but we may finally be able to put this one to bed!

How's your library looking, Ian?

I haven't upgraded as yet, mine is still on 3.0.5821.0. I always keep my server a version or two behind on purpose especially when it's a version that implements major changes like the latest one. I'll spin it up on my test server later on if I get time and see how it looks. Sounds promising though :)

• 1 month later...
Ian-Highlander

Well after finally upgrading to 3.0.5882.0 and wiping my library to re-import for other reasons, very pleased to report I finally have latest items populating again on music videos.

Not sure what you guys did, but thankyou @@Luke @@ebr, nice to have it all working again :)

• Like 1