Crystal 1.0.9.0 **NOW LIVE**

leedavies

leedavies

Small release with a few new features and tweaks:

• New "Monochrome" skin added for a jet black look
  • Option added to settings page for "blur reflections", just like in Breeze
  • EHS has 2 new buttons at the bottom of the page, letting you choose whether clicking/selecting a tile takes you straight to the item shown on the tile at the time you click (just like normal), or to go to a list of all the items that tile is showing you one at a time, so you can see all your recently added etc items without needing to go into the collection and change sort options etc
  • Coverflow and Thumb strip views tweaked slightly to move the rolling-in DiscART a little further to the right of the cover (it was blocking too much of the cover)
  • Status popup window color improved to match whatever skin you are using, and the text color is also toned down a little

This v1.0.9.0 release is live now....

• Like 3

One small thing to maybe take a look at next time when you're doing something else in Crystal.

I looked through some comments and think someone else may have mentioned this ... couldn't tell for sure from the way they worded it so might have been talking about something else.

I think the way you handle the backgrounds in something like coverflow is pretty slick ... the slow zoom before fading to the next backdrop. Only issue I see is if you have something highlighted long enough for an associated background to load and begin its zoom but not finish 'zooming' before you highlight another item the background seems to 'jump' to full zoom before fading to the next. Am I making sense?

Apologies if this has already been specifically asked and addressed. I noticed it in the previous release as well and meant to mention but just slipped my mind.

• Like 1

leedavies

Just loaded it up. LOVE the way the new toggle switch handles the recently added stuff.

Glad you like it.   One of those things that is so simple it works nicely.  There are some improvements to make at some point soonish, so the breadcrumbs at the top of the page show nicer things than the underscores etc you see today.  But for v1.0, it seems pretty good.

I'm about to put a Breeze update live with the same new buttons on the EHS.

leedavies

One small thing to maybe take a look at next time when you're doing something else in Crystal.

I looked through some comments and think someone else may have mentioned this ... couldn't tell for sure from the way they worded it so might have been talking about something else.

I think the way you handle the backgrounds in something like coverflow is pretty slick ... the slow zoom before fading to the next backdrop. Only issue I see is if you have something highlighted long enough for an associated background to load and begin its zoom but not finish 'zooming' before you highlight another item the background seems to 'jump' to full zoom before fading to the next. Am I making sense?

Apologies if this has already been specifically asked and addressed. I noticed it in the previous release as well and meant to mention but just slipped my mind.

Yes, it's an annoying "feature" of Windows Media Center.  You can play an animation manually anytime you like - you can't stop it till it's done though.  And if you've got animations set for particular "events" like an image transition or an on-screen movement or rotation or scale/size etc, when the backdrop image changes, you see the jump effect you describe.  You're spot on that the movement animation jumps ahead to the final frame - horrible feature.

After lots of investigation and playing around with "fixes", there doesn't seem to be a fix for the problem other than not moving the backdrop images in the first place!   But I have had a couple of ideas that I need to try out, so don't give up on it just yet.  You never know....  :-)

Glad you like it.   One of those things that is so simple it works nicely.  There are some improvements to make at some point soonish, so the breadcrumbs at the top of the page show nicer things than the underscores etc you see today.  But for v1.0, it seems pretty good.

I'm about to put a Breeze update live with the same new buttons on the EHS.

Ha, yeah ... I noticed that in the title but I think this is a great feature addition to get in a 24 hour turnaround time.

Yes, it's an annoying "feature" of Windows Media Center.  You can play an animation manually anytime you like - you can't stop it till it's done though.  And if you've got animations set for particular "events" like an image transition or an on-screen movement or rotation or scale/size etc, when the backdrop image changes, you see the jump effect you describe.  You're spot on that the movement animation jumps ahead to the final frame - horrible feature.

After lots of investigation and playing around with "fixes", there doesn't seem to be a fix for the problem other than not moving the backdrop images in the first place!   But I have had a couple of ideas that I need to try out, so don't give up on it just yet.  You never know....  :-)

Gotcha. Didn't realize that the animation was leveraging something built into wmc. 

Btw, just noticed that the 'maximum number of items on a single tile' setting also sets the number of items that populate the list mode (when ticked). Very nice.

Sorry Lee to be so heavy requesting a solution for the annoying background jump transition in your fantastics themes, but could it possible in future release a button in the configuration choosing animation background or only background fading with not animation? Cheers

Edited by teodorin
  • Like 1

Hi Lee,

First at all let me know I love this theme, thanks for the hard work you put into it!

On request on the two added buttons in the EHS. I find them pretty disturbing in the complete EHS overview. (Am I the only one?)

Is it possible to hide them in the configuration? 

Xzener

Hi Lee,

First at all let me know I love this theme, thanks for the hard work you put into it!

On request on the two added buttons in the EHS. I find them pretty disturbing in the complete EHS overview. (Am I the only one?)

Is it possible to hide them in the configuration?

What buttons are you referring to??

greemlin

What buttons are you referring to??

EHS has 2 new buttons at the bottom of the page, letting you choose whether clicking/selecting a tile takes you straight to the item shown on the tile at the time you click (just like normal), or to go to a list of all the items that tile is showing you one at a time, so you can see all your recently added etc items without needing to go into the collection and change sort options etc

Is there a way to have a tile to display "last added items unplayed" ?

Xzener

Lee,

I have an issue with Boxset using thumb strip when I enter a collection. The covers and disks do not align properly (see below)...

52a9072c30367_Thumbstrip.png

Here is thumb strip at the collection level...

52a9080c1d99c_Collection.png

Here is Boxsets using coverflow when I enter a collection...

52a90901577b9_Coverflow.png

leedavies

Lee,

I have an issue with Boxset using thumb strip when I enter a collection. The covers and disks do not align properly (see below)...

52a9072c30367_Thumbstrip.png

Here is thumb strip at the collection level...

52a9080c1d99c_Collection.png

Here is Boxsets using coverflow when I enter a collection...

52a90901577b9_Coverflow.png

Hmmm.... the offset varies based on the cover size.  Working on it - thanks for the nudge!

• Like 1