Metadata Scan Is Showing Local Trailers as Movies

Sammy

Just like the title says I'm having an issue where trailers are showing as movies causing many duplicates in the library that are really only 60 second trailers.

Here's a link to my log files.

I am Using Server Version 3.0.5083.27698 and MBC Version 3.0.96.0 B11-19.1.

52a1c007b05e1_2013120604_14_43WindowsMed

Edited by Sammy

I am at work so I'll need to check that out later. I am using Trailers 1.0.5063.19267 BTW if that matters.  IIR, the trailers are showing up in the root of the movie folders and not in sub folders.. With several hundred movies it is going to be bit of work to clean up so hopefully if that is the problem MB3's scraper or Trailers can do it automatically.

I can get access to this though, It isn't Windows Explorer but I'm sure you guys recognize it as the Metadata Manager in MB3..

Edited by Sammy

I have MCM but haven't run it since going with MB3 Server. Should I uninstall it? I am also noticing that many of the movies are NOT doing this but just some.  This one is the worst offender right now.

I figured. Each trailer being seen as a movie and Trailers is grabbing another trailer. It is an Do Loop with no exit coding..

having trailers directly in the movie folder is ok, as long as they're named right. how are they named? {movie}-trailer.ext?

So this is how the folder looks.. Pretty messy in there and it seems to keep adding trailers too.  This is happening in a few folders but not all.

52a39e34a2996_2013120704_19_48TheAmerica

I was just about to do that. So this is probably most likely a problem with Trailers?  I hope that there is an automated process to clean that up but I can go through folder by folder. There's just several hundred of them even though all of them are not effected.

there won't be a cleanup, sorry. that could be disastrous if the cleanup itself turns out to have a bug. plus, as you say, it only affects certain items, and only a small number of people have reported it. i'm really just going to make sure it doesn't happen again.

a quick way to find them all is probably a windows search for -trailer