Not sure where valid, Chromecast/Dlna video stuttering

Matterom

Matterom

So i run into an issue where any video i play through Chromecast or Dlna to this specific TV will visually stutter, Sound plays perfectly, but the video processes for a few seconds, stop then start again, jumping to sync with the audio.

My only theory is that it's the TV. My first assumption was that it was the wifi, but when it plays fine on a Samsung tv, on mobile devices and another TV hooked up to Chromecast. I just don't know how to fix it.

have you customized any bitrate settings? lowering them is usually a good place to start for problems like this.

Matterom

have you customized any bitrate settings? lowering them is usually a good place to start for problems like this.

Tried, same result. Some context i am using an mkv file at 480p resolution. Tv is less than 30 feet from the router. it is an older Toshiba with a Sony Google Tv box hooked in that i originaly had the dlna connection running through which suffered from the same thing. figured chromecast could fix it, also tried with both the android app and the iPhone app. server on both Windows 10 and ubuntu.

Edited by Matterom