Report your issues Here!!

breezytm

breezytm

Here's a list of issues I am experiencing with my nas 

QNap TS-559 Pro+

Slow response from the server when browsing and surfing the web client or any other clients. Including management page.

Library scanning along with any other scheduled tasks sometimes hangs the server or just take really long time to complete.

- High resources. CPU and RAM as high as 98%

tribunal88

I have a TS-851 w/ 2GB of memory. I have streaming capped at 1mbps which is more than adequate for our smartphone usage. All my movies are sourced from DVDs and Blu rays with no transcoding or conversion (stored as MKVs). When I play the DVD-based movies, the CPU spikes to ~65-70%, but manages to stream well. When I play Blu rays, it pegs at 99%. The TS-x51 series uses Intel Bay Trail-D CPUs which have Intel Quicksync as part of their HD Grpahics offering. I wouldn't expect that the CPUs would take such a hit with transcoding. Unless Emby isn't using the hardware acceleration.

I have a TS-851 w/ 2GB of memory. I have streaming capped at 1mbps which is more than adequate for our smartphone usage. All my movies are sourced from DVDs and Blu rays with no transcoding or conversion (stored as MKVs). When I play the DVD-based movies, the CPU spikes to ~65-70%, but manages to stream well. When I play Blu rays, it pegs at 99%. The TS-x51 series uses Intel Bay Trail-D CPUs which have Intel Quicksync as part of their HD Grpahics offering. I wouldn't expect that the CPUs would take such a hit with transcoding. Unless Emby isn't using the hardware acceleration.

We currently are not using quicksync for transcoding, but with the next major server release this will be added. windows users are playing with the test builds. you can follow it here

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/10723-gpu-transcoding-intel-quicksync-and-nvidia-nvenc/?p=266577

tribunal88

That's great news. I am very impressed with the product and how it integrates with the NAS. I'll be looking forward to that release. Hopefully it won't be too long.

rodnheli

first - i'm new here and so far what i've seen from emby is great - purchased for one month to help developming a little bit  :)

but i have only one issue, that prevents me activating emby on my NAS -->

problem: if i install a plugin emby wants to perform a restart of the server emby app. doing this causes emby hang (loading circle - refreshing web page results in page not found)

solution: restarting the QNAP QTS (which isn't a really solution for a NAS)

in qnap forum some people also run in this issue....

emby running on:

Qmono: 4.2.1
Emby: v3.0.5781.3 (x86)
QNAP: TS-251+ (intel)

would be grateful for any help or advice.

regards,

helmut

Hi, welcome. Just use the QNap restart function for now. It looks like the in-server restart button hasn't been implemented fully for Qnap. We'll look into it for a future release.

SkinMan81

HARDWARE SETUP

QNAP TVS-471-i3-4G

QMono 4.0.1.0

Emby Server v3.0.5781.2 (v1.51119)

Xbox One

Client: Android App

ISSUES

After a fresh boot of the Emby server and Android app, I can select my Xbox One as a DLNA device, and play a movie.

Shortly after the movie starts, it no longer shows as "Currently Playing", and my Xbox is no longer listed as an available DLNA device. The movie keeps playing, but I lose my remote controls.

The Chrome client also shows that nothing is playing, and there is no Xbox One DLNA device.

When I'm done watching my movie I have to reboot the Emby Server on the QNAP to get my Xbox back.

I bought this QNAP specifically for my Emby Server. Over the last couple days I have been really happy with how Emby works, aside from this issue. If we can get this worked out I'll be happy to become a lifetime Emby Premier supporter.

PS - I'm also using Media Center Master which seems like a really great pair with Emby. I hope these products continue to play nicely together.

HARDWARE SETUP

QNAP TVS-471-i3-4G

QMono 4.0.1.0

Emby Server v3.0.5781.2 (v1.51119)

Xbox One

Client: Android App

ISSUES

After a fresh boot of the Emby server and Android app, I can select my Xbox One as a DLNA device, and play a movie.

Shortly after the movie starts, it no longer shows as "Currently Playing", and my Xbox is no longer listed as an available DLNA device. The movie keeps playing, but I lose my remote controls.

The Chrome client also shows that nothing is playing, and there is no Xbox One DLNA device.

When I'm done watching my movie I have to reboot the Emby Server on the QNAP to get my Xbox back.

I bought this QNAP specifically for my Emby Server. Over the last couple days I have been really happy with how Emby works, aside from this issue. If we can get this worked out I'll be happy to become a lifetime Emby Premier supporter.

PS - I'm also using Media Center Master which seems like a really great pair with Emby. I hope these products continue to play nicely together.

Hi, welcome, and thanks. Can you please provide your server log of a session involving the xbox one?

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

SkinMan81

I hope this helps. Before pulling this log I was able to watch two movies without problems, then it "crashed" as described above right after I started the third movie (but it is still playing).

Log.zip

Sparrowlogins

I have just downloaded the qnap app to my t's-869 pro.  When clicking on the app, I get this message in a new window:

220 NASFTPD Turbo station 1.3.5a Server (ProFTPD) [192.168.0.24]​

Any ideas as to what is happening?

bruno1966

Ho

I downloaded the app on my qnap but when I launch it I get a error message connection refuse. I can see that is the right address but it doesn't work. Is there someone with can help me?

bennymac

Ho

I downloaded the app on my qnap but when I launch it I get a error message connection refuse. I can see that is the right address but it doesn't work. Is there someone with can help me?

I found that when upon installing or restarting the QNAP it takes a few minutes for Emby to load or be ready for use.

Trying waiting a bit for the Emby server to start up.

• Like 1

My current configuration is the following:

QNAP TS-651 - 8G. Tried with the previous version of Emby: v3.0.5781.3 and Mono: 4.0.1.0 and things were very slow, web access was not loading the images of the movies fast and also experienced slow response when navigating between the menus or clicking buttons in general also library scan was very slow.

Updated to the latest version: v3.0.5781.4 and Mono: 4.2.1.0 and things are much better at least in the web app everything seems to be running fast but still having the slow library scan.

Since this is a new install I just put 2 directories with maybe 600 movies (no tvshows), no plugins (Just bookshelf but don't have even a book library yet), fanart disabled and is still very slow. The way it goes is like this:

• Goes up to 64.5% in 2 or 3 seconds and then is like 1 minute or more for every 0.1% so extremely slow.
  • This is not the first time it runs, all my movies are already scraped in MB and there are no changes between scans. These are movies from 2013/2014, my current movies are in a different directory that hasn't been added to the library yet.
  • The scan runs for like 45m - 1h and every time is the same, up to 64.5% in seconds and then it just get very slow.

I enabled debugging and the weird part is that there is no messages in the log while the scan is running well at least message that look related, log attached.

At server level when the scan is running I see 2 processes using almost 100% of CPU like the one below:

10866 admin    138100 S   /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/Qmono/bin/mono MediaBrowser.Server.Mono.exe -restartpath /etc/init.d/MediaBrowser.sh

And strace is showing the following (for different movies with some pauses) so it seems is doing something not sure why is not in the server log:

fcntl64(32, F_SETLK64, {type=F_RDLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=124, len=1}, 0xefcfb3f4) = 0
fcntl64(32, F_SETLK64, {type=F_UNLCK, whence=SEEK_SET, start=124, len=1}, 0xefcfbc74) = 0
stat64("/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/metadata/library/a4/a4c8d01f4d5032223b363b7e4b32b021", 0xefcfb88c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
lstat64("/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/metadata/library/a4/a4c8d01f4d5032223b363b7e4b32b021", 0xefcfb88c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/MediaBrowser/MediaBrowser/ProgramData-Server/metadata/library/a4", F_OK) = 0
stat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0744, st_size=839331621, ...}) = 0
lstat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0744, st_size=839331621, ...}) = 0
geteuid32()                             = 0
getegid32()                             = 0
access("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", W_OK) = 0
stat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0744, st_size=839331621, ...}) = 0
lstat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", {st_mode=S_IFREG|0744, st_size=839331621, ...}) = 0
access("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.mp4", W_OK) = 0
stat64("/share/media/movies.2", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=61440, ...}) = 0
lstat64("/share/media/movies.2", {st_mode=S_IFDIR|0755, st_size=61440, ...}) = 0
access("/share/media/movies.2", W_OK)   = 0
stat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.xml", 0xefcfbb1c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
lstat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.xml", 0xefcfbb1c) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("/share/media/movies.2", F_OK)   = 0
stat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.xml", 0xefcfbabc) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
lstat64("/share/media/movies.2/Hellboy.The.Golden.Army.2008.720p.BrRip.x264.xml", 0xefcfbabc) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
access("/share/media/movies.2", F_OK)   = 0

If somebody have any ideas please let me know. I'll keep trying to dig deeper.

emby_log.txt

Hi, you mention hours but this log only covers 15 minutes. Please provide a log from that entire time period. thanks.

breezytm

It took my library days to fully scanned. But I had chapters enabled. In day 2 I stopped the scan and disable chapters. The library scan was much faster. Right now in day 4. I am doing the chapters scan. Yesterday, day 3. I did "people scan". I think the scan takes long because it's maxing out the cpu to 100% percent. Right now my cpu is at 96% and it's only been 3 hours since I began and the chapters scan is at 83%. I would suggest you do your scans independently. 

Do your library scans first with artworks (one library at a time) 

Do your people scan

Do your chapter scan if needed

Do your full library scan with everything enabled 

PS. Keep in mind I shutdown all other server applications (QPKG) I have running on my qnap to save on resources. 

breezytm

When Emby scanned my music library, it didn't find the artists. I reported this in the past and its seems like it is still the case. The windows version works fine. 

Here's where i think the problem lies 

566305329c05d_ScreenShot20151205at103506