Storing video with different language

geotux

Hi,

Ho do I organise video with different languages? DO i rip the DVD first in english and then a second time in italian? What folder strucutre do  use?

media->

movies->

my_movie->mymovie-IT.mkv

mymovie-EN.mkv

I don't seem to be able to find the naming structure on the wiki or searching "language" in the forums.

And what about a series of 26 DVD, each an episode of a cartoon my kids follow?

Episode 1 - mymovie.mkv

Episode 2 - mymovie.mkv

Episode 3 - mymovie.mkv

etc?

For now I have added all 26 episodes in a collection "mymovie" but I noticed that Emby has recognised that "The Smurfs" and the "The Smurfs 2" belong both to a single collection that Emby created itself.

Thanks for you help in advance.

Edited by geotux

Interesting. We don't currently have a naming convention for this so i guess you'd just have to do them as two separate movies altogether. alternatively, you could pick a primary one as the main movie and use the extras naming convention for the alternative language.

Deathsquirrel

If you're ripping media just keep both language tracks in the output file.  Otherwise use mkvmerge to combine the two audio tracks and vetter video copy into one file.  No need for separate files.

Vidman

For the cartoon series....if it is not a tv series you may want to add them to your library as home movie content type so that emby will not try to identify them as a show and try to download metadata for them

djonnie

If you're ripping media just keep both language tracks in the output file.  Otherwise use mkvmerge to combine the two audio tracks and vetter video copy into one file.  No need for separate files.

I would love the option to have multiple audio versions of the same movie for direct play purposes from the Web Client. When using directplay (for example .WEBM file), the Web Client can only play the default track.

legallink

I would love the option to have multiple audio versions of the same movie for direct play purposes from the Web Client. When using directplay (for example .WEBM file), the Web Client can only play the default track.

I don't believe that is accurate, although I don't have any WEBM files, so with that caveat, I can switch between audio tracks on all my other files. Unless it is something specific to WEBM files.

Deathsquirrel

Yes, this function definitely works with MKV and MP4.  I don't use WebM so i would either be a bug or a limitation of that format if that's the case.

legallink

I checked the linked forum posts, I don't think I have ever seen that.  I don't think I can help.  I'll try and replicate.

Psycnotics

Hi,

i have too more than 1 Film/Tv Serie in different languages, the best way is do do different Folder. Like this :

564d16f5190ab_1.jpg

In Filme are German Films in Filme ITA italian Films.

In Emby set like this:

564d1777d81a0_2.jpg

The MAIN languages  for all other Folder is to set in Emby here :

564d17f374d64_3.jpg

it works 100%, i do it with 3 languages.

Martin

• 6 months later...
  • 3 years later...
hgewald

reactivating this old post, maybe there is a solution by now (which I did not find).

The case is as follows:

The main language for my movie library is set to English.

However, the occasional movie is in its native language (either French, German or whatever).

If I store the movie as "Moviename (year) French" and name the file accordingly it seems to have no effect. Emby treats it as an english speaking movie.

What aI know that I can adjust that in the Metadata by hand but I would really prefer an automated option like described above.

Is that possible?

Thanks

H.

reactivating this old post, maybe there is a solution by now (which I did not find).

The case is as follows:

The main language for my movie library is set to English.

However, the occasional movie is in its native language (either French, German or whatever).

If I store the movie as "Moviename (year) French" and name the file accordingly it seems to have no effect. Emby treats it as an english speaking movie.

What aI know that I can adjust that in the Metadata by hand but I would really prefer an automated option like described above.

Is that possible?

Thanks

H.

Re: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/87040-different-language-movies