Pause/resume

Skn2000
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

I am thrilled about the product, but when I pause via the android app and want to resume i.e. 10 minutes later, the control buttons are dimmed or gone, and I have to restart the app the hardway, connect to Chromecast and try to find the time when I paused. 

Also the buttons in the top-bar in Android OS itself rarely works. Push pause and it pauses, but the icon does not change, and wanting to resume, the app doesn't respond.

Is it at my side or any recommendations? Thanks

best regards // :)

You may be pausing it so long that the server thinks you are gone and has shut down the session.

Try closing the player instead of pausing if you are going to be gone for that long.  You can easily resume right back from that screen.

@@ebr nice suggestion, but it is not that long. Couple of minutes tops. Also the play-menu from notification bar fails almost every time. No pause icon, only play icon and nothing happens when pushing it etc.

But it is strange that no one else has reported it -  will try and restart my Chromecast :)  

• 2 weeks later...
jamvids

Hi, It's the same for paused audio on the Android app, but all I have to do is skip to next song and it resumes. No biggie

Sent from my E6853 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

I connect to emby using my mobile device IOS and Android and then Cast with ChromeCast.

I'm unable to figure out how to SKIP forward or back. Pause toggle to play or pause works and slider will let me drag the play point but it's WAY to hard to skip through commercials. What am I missing, or is this a bug? Can anyone help?

right now there's only the slider, although if you switch to landscape that might  help make it larger

• Like 1

It would be really great if those functions worked. Other than that, Great App, just went Premier myself.

Agreed. Chromecast can be wonky, Plex struggles with it as well. It acts as if sometimes it lost connection after being paused and you end up having to restart the whole process to get your buttons back/have them responsive.

It used to be way worse though! Back when I first started using Emby I actually avoided ever pausing it as it seemed 75% of the time the controls would go away and I'd have to restart my content. They've continually improved the Chromecast experience a lot :)

Chromecast can be wonky because we're both using a third party library that is designed to generically work with lots of devices, e.g., chromecast, dlna, airplay, fling, etc. The price you pay for supporting all those devices is that sometimes the implementation isn't exactly ideal. So that's what the latest release of our android app does, is it just uses the plain Google Cast SDK which is the most reliable way to support Chromecast. 

The reason I went to Chromecast was to work around the MKV fast forward and rewind issue I have with WMC and my Xbox360 as extender. I wish there were a fix for that but I'm guessing it's just not possible.

This seems to be a well known issue but I haven't been able to find a solution. I tried changing CODECs but that did NOTHING.

Hate to highjack the thread so if you want to move this please do.