In list view, missing episodes are the same color as watched episodes

jwill

I noticed that in list view, the blue text color that is applied to show that an episode has been watched is indistinguishable on my screen from the color that shows that an episode is missing.

It would be nice if MBC could use a distinctly different text color for the missing episodes. Perhaps a dark red?

What theme are you talking about?

Dark red is not really readable.  In default and chocolate, a missing episode is shown slightly dimmed from one that is there.

What theme are you talking about?

Dark red is not really readable.  In default and chocolate, a missing episode is shown slightly dimmed from one that is there.

Default theme. In the picture below, the 1 and 4 are "watched color", 2 and 3 are unwatched, and the remaining are "missing color". Watched and missing are very slightly different, but almost indistinguishable.

Dark red is perfectly readable in my experience. But I am not married to any particular color choice, just as long as "watched" and "missing" colors are distinguishable (and different than the normal white, unwatched color).

LcUhmOz.png

Edited by jwill

I think the faded out works very well for missing/future.

You can change the watched color by editing the custom styles file.

I think the faded out works very well for missing/future.

You can change the watched color by editing the custom styles file.

Do you mean editing a file in a text editor? Where do I find the appropriate file to edit?

Yeah, find styles_DoNotEdit.mcml in your MBC folder and copy it to CustomStyles.mcml.  Then modify the values in there.

Yeah, find styles_DoNotEdit.mcml in your MBC folder and copy it to CustomStyles.mcml.  Then modify the values in there.

So I should copy and edit the file named "DoNotEdit". :D

(I understand the intent of the warning to not edit the file in-place, but I am amused nonetheless)

Unfortunately, that does not help much. I changed the watched color to a yellowish tint. But that also changed the missing color, it is just a lighter yellow that I find does not give me a clear visual indication of the difference between watched and missing, especially if there is only a watched or a missing (but not both) episode in the current view.

So my new feature request is for the missing episode text color to be separately set in the CustomStyles.mcml file.

Y5Urq3r.png