Thumbnails in "last added" get smeared

jwill

MBC version 3.0.100.0 B12-4.1 (also happened with the previous beta version)

Default theme

I am seeing the thumbnails in the "last added" section of the main media library view getting smeared occasionally.

I have not been able to perfectly replicate it, but it happens most often when I have the WMC / MBC window minimized and new content gets added to the "last added" section while the window is minimized. Once I bring the window back to normal, the smears are often there. They do not go away until I exit MBC and return, or something else causes the "last added" section to get updated.

Note that I am calling them smears because they appear to have some of the colors of the actual thumbnail in them. White Collar looks like a white smear, Arrow looks like a green smear. The other two look like a brown smear, maybe the "average" of the pixels is brown?

hhZcWt0.png

Ta3IuXb.png

Edited by jwill

That looks like a display driver issue of some sort.

It happens on two different computers, one with Intel HD4000 graphics, one with an NVidia GT 430.

What about the display device?  Is it similar?

This looks kind of like what can happen sometimes in WMC if you cause a video resolution or refresh rate change and you get a bunch of white boxes where there should be images.

In any case, it almost has to be at a layer lower than MBC as we just point WMC to an image and don't do anything fancy as far as displaying it.

What about the display device?  Is it similar?

The NVidia is going to an LCD monitor connected by DVI. The HD4000 is going through HDMI to a Denon AVR to a JVC projector.

Edited by jwill