Already the third time Emby wants to recreate my database...

grumpygamer
Go to solution Solved by xnappo,

grumpygamer

Not sure what's going on, but every now and then emby pops up with the request it wants to recreate the database.

It's quite annoying because every time it takes > 30 mins...

Is this a feature or is it a problem (apparently) only I am having?

Thanks

• Solution
xnappo

That happens with updates where we have to make a structure change.  If you are on beta, it can happen fairly often.  Stable it will be much less often. 

If you want to beta test, I recommend turning off automatic updates so you can choose when to update.

Edited by xnappo
  • Like 1

Hi Xnappy are you saying to turn off automatic updates in the Emby server or on the Kodi player? I've recently got an update for one or the other, as Emby for Kodi told me it need to rebuild the database but now it won't pickup TV p shows. I've rebuild the database 3 times now with no luck and as stated above it takes a really long time on a Raspberry PI? Would really love to get back to where things where two days ago.

No they are not there either. I created a new user with a lot less content to save time on the full re-syncs. I saw the same problem. I then set the Emby add on back to default and I was able to get the new user to start showing tv shows. The original user still wouldn't show TV show. So I messes with the faulty user on the server. By changing the uses access to different content I was able to start to add TV shows again. Now however if I look in videos>files I see 10 Emby enteries. They all point to some variation of smb://embydummy/dummy path 1 or 2. Is this normal? Or did I some how create this by doing so many full re-syncs? Clicking on any of them brings up a message "connection timed out"...

• 2 weeks later...

Ok so I finally figured out what caused my tv shows to disappear. I had set "enhanced presentation" to off in the Emby web viewer. This seems to cause Emby for Kodi to treat the folder as an unknown video type and it will make two folders. I.e. TV shows -TV and TV shows - Movies. Neither folder will have any video in them. Setting the enhanced presentation back on requires a full re sync to fix things back up. I'm not sure if this is normal operation or not but perhaps it could be noted someplace.

Angelblue05

It has been noted and mentioned many times. The good news is Luke is arranging things server side so enhanced presentation being disable will still allow us to know the type of content, and therefore we will be able to treat those folder normally instead of mixed content type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk