Metadata not automatically refreshing

ncarty97
Go to solution Solved by legallink,

ncarty97

I first noticed this a couple of weeks ago.  For whatever reason, my metadata is not updating when I add a new item.  It used to be near instantaneous.  Now, I have to go in and refresh the folder the new item is in.  I've poked around and I don't see any settings that are turned off.  Any ideas?  Not really sure where to start.

• Solution
legallink

Have you checked the scheduled tasks portion? See where the scan library task is, and see if that is set regularly enough for you. I think they have tamed the default library scan, so it may just take a few hours or run once a day. You can set it for as often as you want.

• Like 1

dejavux2

This sounds like part of the same issue some of us are having in the thread called "Most Images are not downloading"

Sorry...can't figure out how to link to it....   I have a server log in there that I don't think has been looked at yet.

dejavux2

Here's another example:   I just added the movie "Prince of Darkness" and ran a new scan.... I just checked, and there are 7 backdrops available.  I have the fetch set to 40 to get the most.  Emby will only download 1 backdrop.  If I go into the Metadata Manager, find that movie, hit Save, then Refresh...  it will download 1 more backdrop....  I have to keep repeating this to get all available backdrops.

Here is the location of the newly added movie:   "\\Teletran-1\Esata2\Movies\Prince of Darknes"

Server log:  

server-63583063525.txt

dejavux2

Maybe these are not related....  sorry, didn't mean to highjack your post.  I'm still trying to find an answer though...

I don't know how to move my posts over to the "Most Images are not downloading" post....

Edited by dejavux2

This issue

Emby will only download 1 backdrop.

Has been resolved for the next release. By next I mean next major release. This week we will probably have a patch release over the last one and this won't be included in that.

ncarty97

Have you checked the scheduled tasks portion? See where the scan library task is, and see if that is set regularly enough for you. I think they have tamed the default library scan, so it may just take a few hours or run once a day. You can set it for as often as you want.

Thanks!  That probably should have been obvious to me.

dejavux2

This issue

Emby will only download 1 backdrop.

Has been resolved for the next release. By next I mean next major release. This week we will probably have a patch release over the last one and this won't be included in that.

Thank you!