Recording missing shows

spencerisadog

spencerisadog

Hello,

I have been having difficulty getting shows to record.  I've tried several different methods and none seem to work reliably.  Is there a trick to getting a series to record?  I am an Emby supporter.  They're listed in my Live TV > Series section (although they just show the little TV with the play icon, no show logos or anything, if that matters) but, for example, just tonight it didn't record The Amazing Race.  I hadn't been watching anything else and both of my HDHomeRun tuners are listed as "none."

I have even gone in to the recordings section and told them to record any day, any time, and only new episodes and that still doesn't seem to work.

I have attached what I think is the proper log if anyone needs it.

Thank you in advance!

EmbyLog_0836_111315.rtf

spencerisadog

So the series recording shows up in the Series list. Do the individual ones show up in the Scheduled list?

Yes, although, it often lists days that have already passed.  Like right now it shows that it's supposed to record Survivor on the 11th.

The scheduled list showing past dates has been resolved for the next release. But does it show upcoming recordings?

spencerisadog

I originally said yes, but after closer inspection, no, not all shows are showing.  Some are coming up as not new (I mentioned this in the Schedules Direct thread and the SD guy said they are flagged as new on their end but the Emby guide is not seeing them as such).  For example, it missed Dateline NBC last night, it will air as new (this one is showing new, Dr. Phil is not still) next Friday at 10:00 PM EST on NBC.  It is not in the list of "scheduled."

Another thing to note:

When I find the show in the guide that I want to record, and choose "record series" The day it auto-selects is always the day AFTER it's actually airing.  For example: Life in Pieces airs on CBS Thursdays @ 8:30 PM EST.  If you click on Life in Pieces and click the "record series" option, the days of the week you want to record appear and Friday is selected  by default.

Edited by spencerisadog

spencerisadog

Updated to the newest release and I'm still missing recordings and some are not showing as New as I mentioned in my thread in the Schedules Direct sub-forum.

It seems to be hit or miss. The Tonight Show seems to record fine, nothing else does however, and Dr. Phil doesn't show up as new in the Emby Guide even though Shedules Direct is flagging them 'new'.

Some are not showing up in my "scheduled" list and some are. I'm also showing "scheduled" shows from last Thursday.

Any suggestions or ideas would be great.

Edited by spencerisadog

Hi,

Some of the fixes I mentioned didn't actually make it into the last release. We're going to have another patch release tomorrow and it will include a number of live tv-related fixes. Once it's available for your operating system please try it out and let us know how it goes. Thanks.

spencerisadog

Excellent!  I look forward to the update.  I know this stuff takes time and I appreciate all the hard work you and the other developers put in.

spencerisadog

Referenced Screens available HERE

I have several Series scheduled, only three are working even after the newest update.

Series.PNG lists the shows I have scheduled to record in series.  Specifically, please note Survivor (Wed, Dec. 2nd @ 8:00PM) , Modern Family (Wed, Dec. 2nd @ 9:00PM) , and Amazing Race (Fri, Dec 4th @ 8:00PM).

GuideWed.PNG shows the guide data (Schedules Direct) being pulled for Survivor and Modern Family.

GuideFri.PNG shows guide data being pulled for The Amazing Race.

ScheduledWed.PNG shows the scheduled recordings, only Dr. Phil and Fallon are showing up, these two shows are recording properly.

ScheduledThF.PNG shows the scheduled recordings for Thursday and Friday, normally Life in Pieces would be on Thursdays, but the Packers / Lions game is on this week instead.

Please let me know if I'm missing something obvious, which is likely.

spencerisadog

I would try the .4 release that went out on Monday.

Still no luck :(

It only seems to be recording Fallon, SNL, and Dr. Phil.  Everything else is getting ignored.  I've attached links to photos and the necessary logs here.

Screenshot of Series Page

Screenshot of Scheduled Page

Screenshot of Guide

Link to Log File with Debug enabled

if the red dots are not showing up in the guide then it's likely the data that doesn't have the same series identifier. Or you could try other things like setting it to all channels to see if that's related.

Also you can try changing to anytime. Right now I can see we are filtering on exact start time, I will adjust that to anytime within 5 minutes.

spencerisadog

What do I need to do to have it look at the Series again and refresh the red dots on the guide?  Will a guide refresh do that or do I need to run multiple tasks?

spencerisadog

if the red dots are not showing up in the guide then it's likely the data that doesn't have the same series identifier. Or you could try other things like setting it to all channels to see if that's related.

Also you can try changing to anytime. Right now I can see we are filtering on exact start time, I will adjust that to anytime within 5 minutes.

I changed Dateline NBC to Daily - Any Time / All Channels / New Only and it still doesn't see this upcoming Friday's episode.

I changed Dateline NBC to Daily - Any Time / All Channels / Any episode and it still doesn't see this upcoming Friday's episode.

spencerisadog

Okay, this is really strange.  Modern Family airs Wednesday at 9:00 EST.  If I go in to the guide and click on Modern Family then click "Record Series" it automatically defaults to having the "Thursday" box checked.  If I leave it as looking for it on Thursdays, it will find it on Wednesday just fine.  See screens.

Series - "Record Modern Family on Thursday at 9:00 PM on WRTV"

Scheduled - "Record Modern Family on Wednesday at 9:00 PM on WRTV"

I guess it works, but maybe not intuitively.

spencerisadog

Just as an update in case anyone else runs across this.  Even though the date is a day late on the Series tab, both Modern Family and Survivor recorded last night.

• 7 months later...
Edavis6678

I was having this same problem.  I am collecting old tv shows and sometimes there would be marathons of the show and for whatever reason it would skip a few shows when it was set to record all channels, all times; and yet, when I'd look in the guide, some weren't being recorded.  Drove me nuts until I discovered that the ones not being recorded were ones I already had in Emby.

Can someone confirm that there is logic in Emby to skip shows that have already been recorded, (even if recorded several months ago?)

I was having this same problem.  I am collecting old tv shows and sometimes there would be marathons of the show and for whatever reason it would skip a few shows when it was set to record all channels, all times; and yet, when I'd look in the guide, some weren't being recorded.  Drove me nuts until I discovered that the ones not being recorded were ones I already had in Emby.

Can someone confirm that there is logic in Emby to skip shows that have already been recorded, (even if recorded several months ago?)

Yes there is. We currently don't have any settings to control this behavior but it's planned for the future.