TuneIn adding to favourites

geotux

Hi,

is there a way to add radio stations from the Tunein plugin to the "Favourites"? I've provided the plugin my tunein userid but its not making a difference. Everytime i set the "favourite" (i click the heart) bit on for a radio station, it never shows up in my favourites list. I'm asking because i find it tedious to have to navigate several folders before I find the radio station i'm looking for.

Thanks

Antonio

Edited by geotux
  • Like 1

You can mark it as a favorite but at the moment we won't really do much with it. What you're suggesting is a good idea though.

Vidman

If you login to tunein on the web or oiffical tunein app and mark a station as a favorite it will then show up in the emby plugin under favorites

• Like 1

Yes, that is what I thought. THere are a couple of things I am wary about for example, the reason i love emby over plex is that it is more customisable but more than that its open source so i know my privacy is safer than with plex. Having tunein mine my usage profile is something i'm not in favour of and hence me not wanting to flag favourites in the Tunein account

Is there an emby roadmap/wanna features page/repository? I haven't seen anything on the website but i may have missed it.

REgards

Right! I tried this now. Logged in to tunein and selected a couple of stations. Now I see them in the "Favourites" of the TUnein plugin so you still have to navigate your way to channels, etc. Would be good to see the channels under "Favourites" under Emby "Home".

How is the Tunein app able to read my favourites on the Tunein website by just having the login and no password? Does this mean that anyone can access my login on the Tunein website by just having the login and no password (I never typed my password in emby tunein plugin as there is nowhere to type it.)? Doesn't seem very robust .... isnàt this a bit of a security threat?

Cheers

Antonio

Vidman

I believe if you are concerned about this you could set your tunein profile to private then emby will not have access to this info. ..note it is a tune in issue not emby. Also although you can't move you tunein favourites to the home screen you can however choose to have the tunein channel display on your homescreen if you select to in your user display settings ( click your user icon on the top right of the web client if you don't know how to do it)

Edit: you could just set up a tune in account for emby if you wanted to

Edited by Vidman

pünktchen

Sorry for jumping in here. Although my Tunein account is public, it has never worked for me to see my Tunein favourites in Emby!

So i also will be very thankfull if i can set the favourites in Emby itself.

Yes, I'm aware it's a Tunein issue but if you were given the option to add your password in Emby, then Emby could access Tunein in private mode as if I were accessing  through web interface? Maybe that is just the way Tunein API works ...

• 2 months later...

I always had all my favourite radio stations in TuneIn available in Emby. Until the last server update to 3.0.5865. The favourite folder is now empty apart from the A-Z sort-icons...

I rolled back to version 3.0.5864.0 (used the system.old method) and still nothing in my Favourites folder :(

Something must have changed with the last update though...

Thanks

BERT

running server 3.0.5868.0 with TuneIn app 1.0.5810.30121 but the favourites are still not showing. Very disappointing after all this time they were working fine. Could there be something in the logfiles for the TuneIn plugin?

Thanks

Edited by Bert-KS

thanks, Luke. Logfile attached...

I can see it has my TuneIn email address ('MyTuneInEmail') at the end of the logfile in there but obviously there is no response...

Server version is now 3.0.5876.0 and TuneIn plugin has version 1.0.5810.30121. Tried uninstall, restarting server, re-install several times without luck.

Cheers,

BERT

56c23ab1821d0_Clipboard01.jpg

server-63591177600.txt

try sending snazy2000 a pm. maybe something changed related to tunein, although i thought he said he tested it fairly recently

• 6 months later...

The Tune In plugin has been updated with a new configuration screen to match the look and feel of the rest of Emby Server. I think you'll find it much more enjoyable to use and configure now. Thanks.