Auto art for home videos

geotux

Hi,

one of the features that I found useful in Plex was that it populated the art work atuomatically when you included home videos. I don't seem to have worked out whether Emby can do th esame. Is it the case?

Cheers

Antonio

For any video that doesn't have an artwork image we will take a screen grab and use that as a cover. is that what you mean?

When you say "we" I assume you mean that the user has to manually take a screen grab and add the image to the video under "Edit images". I know this and have started doing for a couple of videos but what I mean is that Plex actually takes a frame automatically from the video and assigns that to the video art of that video (no manual intervention).

Happy2Play

Emby should do the same.  Do you have these image settings?

56479dc6f15b3_homevideos.jpg

Edited by Happy2Play

Note also in Happy's screen shot above that he has selected "Home Videos"  in the top field labeled "Customize for media type".

Ok,

this may be the problem. Mine is slightly different. I've just swapped the order under "Metadata readers" but Iàm missing the "Emby xml" under "Metadata Savers". I suppose this is why its not working?

5647a5baea5ee_emby_images.png

Ok, here you go. I was expecting to see screengrabs here automagically installed. Plex does do this and it is a handy feature when you have hundreds of home videos ...

5647b111aab49_emby_images2.png

The media folder that video is in is designated as type "Home Videos" and not "Movies" or "Unset" right...?

Chaps, thanks. Seems resolved now. I think that initially it was that  I had "Nfo" priority over "Emby Xml" under Metadata Readers. Now that I have refreshed as Luke suggested, the artwork is starting to appear. Another point to Emby. Well done chaps. Plex is slowly fading away in my memories ... ;-)

Ebr, yes, it is in the Home VIdeo type.

5647b63979ab1_emby_images3.png

Well done, although it's not due to nfo/xml. You are perfectly fine with nfo-only and in fact nfo is recommended. I think the real answer is just the refreshing of content.

You may be right. I'll find out as i've set it back to Nfo. I noticed that the engine it doesn't create artwork for videos with a MJPEG codec but it does work for H264. Quite strangely it was working a few days ago. But I'll start a new thread elsewhere if I need help.

Cheers