• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Nikitaz0rz OFFLINE  

Nikitaz0rz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 06:10 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:58 AM

How do I cancel my monthly subscription? I see some people suggesting to do it on PayPal, however I signed up with my credit card, not PayPal. I guess I missed some fine print when I signed up because I didn't realise the money would automatically come out every month, and there is no easy way I can see to cancel. Not cool.

Any suggestions?

#2 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts
  • Local time: 06:10 PM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 10:55 AM

The option is a Monthly Subscription.  Sorry if that wasn't clear somehow.  I have canceled future charges to your card.  Thanks.

BTW - we do plan on implementing an interface on the web site to allow you to manage this yourself.

• gurneyhallic likes this

#3 Nikitaz0rz OFFLINE  

Nikitaz0rz

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time: 06:10 AM

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:08 PM

Thankyou.

#4 Pittro OFFLINE  

Pittro

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Local time: 05:10 PM

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:08 PM

how can i cancel directly to emby..i paid with google wallet..they say to contact emby for cancel recurring payment..how to contact emby ??

#5 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:14 PM

how can i cancel directly to emby..i paid with google wallet..they say to contact emby for cancel recurring payment..how to contact emby ??

How do I cancel my subscription?

Hi.  You mean you did it through an app store inside of an app?  If so, then you can cancel it within the account that you used in that app.

#6 Pittro OFFLINE  

Pittro

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:28 PM

you cant cancel through the app store...it doesnt show through subscriptions in my account it only shows as a purchase..i dont want to be charged for another month..cant i just cancel through emby ??

#7 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

It sounds like maybe you purchased an app unlock and not an Emby Premiere subscription.  Can you confirm what it actually was?

if it was an unlock, it is a one-time fee for that app on that account.

#8 blue3c OFFLINE  

blue3c

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:01 AM

Machine the server was installed on is dead. So I cant log in to the server app and cancel. But that seems to be the only way to do this. WHAT THE ACTUAL F@!#. This is one of the reasons I am going away from this product. Cancel this or I will just report it to the bank as not approved. 

#9 blue3c OFFLINE  

blue3c

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:03 AM

The option is a Monthly Subscription.  Sorry if that wasn't clear somehow.  I have canceled future charges to your card.  Thanks.

BTW - we do plan on implementing an interface on the web site to allow you to manage this yourself.

Which in 2019 is still not done. 

#10 d00zah OFFLINE  

d00zah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 675 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 10:09 AM

https://emby.media/c...port-procedure/

https://emby.media/c...working-server/

Edited by d00zah, 03 August 2019 - 10:11 AM.

#11 blue3c OFFLINE  

blue3c

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 11:57 AM

d00zah,

How does that first link help. Except show everything that I just said. Thanks.... 
Second link does help, if it happens. Have found many links to complaints of that not working. 

I have also read a few things here with people bagging on others who post all mad... Like I did. But you have no idea the frustration level. 
You goto https://emby.media to login in and cancel. 
You click on sign in, you go through a page or two, finally getting to the login. You login. It asks for your server. 
But hey theres another link that says sign in with emby connect. Well shit, maybe thats it. 
Nope it takes you right back to the same exact screen. 
Head scratching moment that is frustration at its best. 
So you search, you find the first link you posted. https://github.com/M...re-subscription

So now you see the only way to cancel if you pay with a card is. 

• Pay with card - Click on the subscription shown in the Emby Premiere page on your server dashboard and follow the instructions (see below). An email will be sent to the key owner with a link to click to perform the actual cancellation.

Oh, well thats helpful.... Not. If your server is gone. You are left with the only way to get rid of this is to build another. Then go in and hopefully after linking your account, nuke it. 

I have sent the email and now wait to get a link or reply stating that it is cancelled. Because of the above run around, I think this may take a few months of extra charges. But my solution is to report it as fraudulent if another charge appears. As I have now, posted it here and sent the email. 

#12 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 03 August 2019 - 04:48 PM

Hi.  We responded to your email this morning and took care of this (however, you provided the wrong email to us so it took us a bit to find it).  If you don't still have your server, then sending the email to billingsupport@emby.media is the way to get this done.  We have never refused a cancellation requested this way.

I'll update the wiki article to include the email method.

Thanks.

#13 vanzee OFFLINE  

vanzee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 12:10 AM

Posted 27 January 2020 - 07:36 AM

Good Day 

You said in 2015 that you would add a web option to cancel the recurring charge for premier.

Its 2020 and I cant find an option to cancel my subscription.

#14 Happy2Play OFFLINE  

Happy2Play

Trial and Error

• Moderators
  • 18505 posts
  • Local time: 03:10 PM
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 27 January 2020 - 08:35 AM

Good Day 

You said in 2015 that you would add a web option to cancel the recurring charge for premier.

There is but it depends on how you paid.

https://support.emby...re-subscription

#15 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 27 January 2020 - 10:47 AM

Good Day 

Hi.  If you cannot cancel this yourself, just send an email to billingsupport@emby.media and we'll take care of it for you.

Thanks.

#16 jrochet OFFLINE  

jrochet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time: 11:10 PM

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

Hey ebr, I see you mentioned the plans back in 2015.  It's now 2020, any such site in existence to cancel subscriptions?  Or do we just cancel the payments from PayPal?

Actually nevermind, I see the other page now that answer "Yes" to my question above.  Thanks!

Edited by jrochet, 18 March 2020 - 12:16 PM.

#17 ebr ONLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 50923 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 05:49 PM

Hi.  We decided against implementing email address entry on the public website for security and privacy reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users