Video nodes broken in Kodi

Tolbarus
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

Tolbarus

Hello,

I am new to this community but have been reading a lot on it already. but now i have run into a problem which made me want to ask for help on the forum.

I have a  setup with kodi 15.2 with Emby server version 3.0.5781.1

I had as sub menu items all the separate movie folders i have created in my emby server. this worked perfectly. i could just point my shortcut to the videonodes created by the emby server.

but after the last start up my library was updated and now i cannot point to these nodes anymore.

in a separate topic i found that i could go to the webinterface top righthand side select settings for user and then select to not have a collection for movies but this does not work.

now i have done several reinstalations and restarts and local database resets but to no avail

is this a known problem? have i missed the topic where it is described how remedy this or can somebody help me.

attached are some screenshots of my setup of the emby server

regards Jan

post-87330-0-68989000-1447419957_thumb.jpg

post-87330-0-72038600-1447419969_thumb.jpg

• Solution
Angelblue05

Uncheck everything from your second screenshot and then in Kodi, reset your database. You are currently merging all the sections under Movies in Emby. So in Kodi, they will be merged under Movies. Since you want each of them separate in Kodi, you need to separate them in emby. If you want to create a Movies shortcut containing all your movies, just add all your individual sections to one playlist in Kodi.

Edited by Angelblue05

LongMan

"If you want to create a Movies shortcut containing all your movies, just add all your individual sections to one playlist in Kodi."

He can just make a playlist with <content>movies</content> for all movies and <content>tvshows</content> for all TV Shows. No rule is needed to merge all, rules are needed only for separating.

Cheers,

Long Man.

• Like 1

Tolbarus

Thanx angelblue05 that worked like a charm.

For some reason I thought the function of checking all the folders had the exact oposite effect.

i guess i have to read more carefully what it actually says in the description :unsure:

• Like 1