New iOS App Purchase

Wilky13

Wilky13

If you are NOT an Emby Premier subscriber and pay the $4.99 to "unlock" and play content in the app does it:

1) apply to other devices on the same Apple ID? For example, if I pay the $4.99 on my iPad, will it also unluck my iPhone and iPod Emby apps?

2) apply to other apple id's under the same iCloud family. For example, my wife, mine and both my kids Apple id's are all linked together using apple's family iCloud service, allowing sharing of apps and payment information; so if I pay $2 for an app and my wife downloads the same app a day later using her Id, Apple recognizes we are a linked family and allows her to download it for free because I already paid for it even though we have different Apple id's. So if I pay the $4.99 on my iPad will it also unlock the app on my wife's iPad?

3) or is it per Emby server? I.e. Once I unlock the app on my iPad, any device that connects to my server is already unlocked?

Thanks.

If you are NOT an Emby Premier subscriber and pay the $4.99 to "unlock" and play content in the app does it:

1) apply to other devices on the same Apple ID? For example, if I pay the $4.99 on my iPad, will it also unluck my iPhone and iPod Emby apps?

This is a standard feature of iOS (and android) where you unlock on one and it'll apply to your other iOS devices. (Up to 5 I think and providing it's a universal app, which Emby is)

3) or is it per Emby server? I.e. Once I unlock the app on my iPad, any device that connects to my server is already unlocked?

Thanks.

Not sure about in app purchases but I think an Emby subscription unlocks it as well. Although I may be wrong but when I downloaded it it doesn't seem locked in anyway. Edited by paulcdb

If you pay for the iOS app, do you get the Mobile Sync feature? Or do you need an Emby Premiere subscription for Mobile Sync?

Sync is not yet supported in the iOS app. Probably it will be included in future releases.

Also, would you allow Yearly subscription or Lifetime purchase through the iOS app? Currently only monthly subscription is available.

Apple terms of service are pretty difficult to be honest. You can purchase them on the website though.

I bought a monthly premier and logged into to app with the respective credentials but I still can't play movies in iOS

What happens when you try to play?

I bought a monthly premier and logged into to app with the respective credentials but I still can't play movies in iOS

Also, did you purchase it through the app?  If so, did you get any error messages of any kind when you did?

Does your Emby server have a valid key entered and show the Thank You badge on the front dashboard page?

EdgarWallace

Also, did you purchase it through the app?  If so, did you get any error messages of any kind when you did?

Does your Emby server have a valid key entered and show the Thank You badge on the front dashboard page?

I wasn't aware that the server (Docker in my case) needs the key. No, it is still showing that I should support the Emby team which I thought I did. I bought it 30min ago, will I receive a key or so?

I wasn't aware that the server (Docker in my case) needs the key. No, it is still showing that I should support the Emby team which I thought I did. I bought it 30min ago, will I receive a key or so?

When you complete the purchase it sends you to a thank you page with this instruction. Just so that we can improve the process, is this just a case of you not reading it?  Or did you see some kind of error?

EdgarWallace

I haven't seen any error messages when I purchased. I entered credit card number and all other required items but haven't received any "thank you page". I purchased it via iPad, don't know if this is important information.

Hello,

I think the application looks great. I have it on my iPhone6. I  have not unlocked the playback but I have the same question as Wilky13 has.

Please advise how the unlock will be applied.

By apply ID or Server based. I my family we have multiple users with multiple Apple ID's that are not family shared but we all connect to my server to watch content.

Obviously I will test it but like to know what to expect.

Thanks for all the hard work.

m

I haven't seen any error messages when I purchased. I entered credit card number and all other required items but haven't received any "thank you page". I purchased it via iPad, don't know if this is important information.

You used the direct credit card option or PayPal?

I don't see any transactions with the email address you have here via either method right now...

andcbii

This might be a dumb question but how to i know if i'm a Premium Member? On my Server i have the gold icon that says "Thank you for supporting Emby." next to it. I know I bought a membership in the past but don't remember the duration. 

Either way I cannot play videos. It keeps asking me to make a purchase.... 

andcbii

This is a standard feature of iOS (and android) where you unlock on one and it'll apply to your other iOS devices. (Up to 5 I think and providing it's a universal app, which Emby is)

Not sure about in app purchases but I think an Emby subscription unlocks it as well. Although I may be wrong but when I downloaded it it doesn't seem locked in anyway.

My understanding is that IN app purchases don't work this way. 

mediacowboy

This might be a dumb question but how to i know if i'm a Premium Member? On my Server i have the gold icon that says "Thank you for supporting Emby." next to it. I know I bought a membership in the past but don't remember the duration.

How are you connecting to the server. Locally or remotely. If remotely it will not unlock. If locally one of the core members will have to look on the server to verify membership.

How are you connecting to the server. Locally or remotely. If remotely it will not unlock. If locally one of the core members will have to look on the server to verify membership.

Hi,

Don't mean to confuse the thread but why would it work local if you are contributor and it access you content you need to have to unlock.

I think someone need to explain this and include how the "unlock" feature is applied.

I would have rather paid for the application and have it work with my apple ID. I do appreciate the development that went into this.

On a side note does the application use EmBY connect to reach the server or does the screen just look that way? If so if EMBY connect was down how would I reach my content?

Sorry for all the question but at work and can not test...exciting stuff.

If this was discussed elsewhere please point me there.

m

Hi,

Don't mean to confuse the thread but why would it work local if you are contributor and it access you content you need to have to unlock.

I think someone need to explain this and include how the "unlock" feature is applied.

I would have rather paid for the application and have it work with my apple ID. I do appreciate the development that went into this.

On a side note does the application use EmBY connect to reach the server or does the screen just look that way? If so if EMBY connect was down how would I reach my content?

Sorry for all the question but at work and can not test...exciting stuff.

If this was discussed elsewhere please point me there.

m

We are working on resolving it.

overClocked!

Same situation for me.  I am unable to play media files in my library as the app does not honor my Emby server subscription status.  Is a commuted Lifetime Subscription from Media Browser 3 not the same as an Emby Premiere subscription?  

Also, does the app acknowledge Lifetime Emby Premiere subscriptions from the server in lieu of the playback unlock fee, or is that $4.99 required regardless of existing subscription status?  If I were not a subscriber, could I still play back media indefinitely with the app with the unlock purchase?

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the 1 time unlock fee.  Hell, I would pay it separately on each of my devices if need be.  It's just that the iOS app is not showing my gold subscription badge on the Server Maintenance page like it does when I log in from a browser.

Sorry for all the questions, and if this has been answered before.  But this is brand new and I just want to know how it's SUPPOSED to work so I can inform others about it.