ServerWMC crashes when I try watching a recorded show

heerssimpson

heerssimpson

Live TV works. At one point watching recorded shows works. However, for at least 3 months, when I try to watch a recorded show ServerWMC crashes on my computer hosting the server. Attached is the ServerWMC log. Below is the cut and paste of the Emby log. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2015-11-12 19:32:34.9310 Info App: Opening recording stream from ServerWMC, external recording Id: 10977524101395399
2015-11-12 19:32:43.3965 Error Dlna: Error updating device info for [TV][LG]60PN5700-UA
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 3.0.5794.39072
    Command line: C:\Users\Simpson\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
    Processor count: 4
    64-Bit OS: True
    64-Bit Process: False
    Program data path: C:\Users\Simpson\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
    Application Path: C:\Users\Simpson\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    The operation has timed out
    System.Net.WebException
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream(TransportContext& context)
     at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsyncInternal>d__1b.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Common.Implementations.HttpClientManager.HttpClientManager.<SendAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.SsdpHttpClient.<SendCommandAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<GetTransportInfo>d__84.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Dlna.PlayTo.Device.<TimerCallback>d__51.MoveNext()

2015-11-12 19:32:49.5128 Error App: Error getting channel stream
    *** Error Report ***
    Command line: C:\Users\Simpson\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    Application Path: C:\Users\Simpson\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\System\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
    An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
     at wmc2mb.SocketClientAsync.<GetVectorAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
     at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ValidateEnd(Task task)
     at wmc2mb.WMCService.<GetRecordingStream>d__5d.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__46.MoveNext()

2015-11-12 19:32:49.6078 Error DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
    *** Error Report ***
    System.Net.Sockets.SocketException
     at wmc2mb.SocketClientAsync.<GetVectorAsync>d__0.MoveNext()
     at wmc2mb.WMCService.<GetRecordingStream>d__5d.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetLiveStream>d__46.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvManager.<GetRecordingStream>d__2c.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.LiveTv.LiveTvMediaSourceProvider.<OpenMediaSource>d__7.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Server.Implementations.Library.MediaSourceManager.<OpenLiveStream>d__38.MoveNext()
     at MediaBrowser.Api.Playback.MediaInfoService.<Post>d__4.MoveNext()

2015-11-12 19:32:49.6078 Error HttpServer: Error processing request for /LiveStreams/Open?UserId=f9e5554d2301bfc93ff4b2f5f12654da&StartTimeTicks=0&ItemId=24f2ae1577aa9dd1f475b67b3063b10a&PlaySessionId=877e74312c3a493b88b5b64eff12d40f
    *** Error Report ***
    ServiceStack.HttpError
    No Stack Trace Available

2015-11-12 19:32:49.6468 Info HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to ::ffff:192.168.1.19. Time: 14723ms (slow). http://192.168.1.27:8096/LiveStreams/Open?UserId=f9e5554d2301bfc93ff4b2f5f12654da&StartTimeTicks=0&ItemId=24f2ae1577aa9dd1f475b67b3063b10a&PlaySessionId=877e74312c3a493b88b5b64eff12d40f
2015-11-12 19:32:55.2331 Error HttpServer: Error in SharpWebSocket: An exception has occurred while receiving a message.. Exception.Message: The header part of a frame cannot be read from the data source.
2015-11-12 19:32:58.2733 Info App: HttpClientManager GET: http://127.0.0.1:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?content=uuid:1b99231b-2741-4a8b-8d46-946c7f41bf84
2015-11-12 19:32:58.2733 Info App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.27:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?content=uuid:1b99231b-2741-4a8b-8d46-946c7f41bf84
2015-11-12 19:32:58.2733 Info App: HttpClientManager GET: http://192.168.1.27:2869/upnphost/udhisapi.dll?content=uuid:1b99231b-2741-4a8b-8d46-946c7f41bf84

ServerWMC.1.log

heerssimpson

what created these wtv files?

MCEbuddy 2.4. Strips the commercials away. ServerWMC looks at the files created by MCEbuddy. Not compatible? 

krustyreturns

Yeah.  This was discovered recently by someone on the kodi forums too.  Mcebuddy makes a wtv file that is different in format then the ones produced by the windows sbe, and its the sbe format the remuxer in serverwmc assumes.  These must be valid wtv file because wmc/wmp and ffmpeg  think they are, but until I figure out what is different these files don't work.  I actually think these are really the old dvr-ms format but tagged as wtv.  The crash is fixed in the pre-release of serverwmc (http://bit.ly/swmcBeta-1219),  but that only stops the crash.

The workaround for you is to go to the 'Http Service' tab in swmc and uncheck 'Use URLs instead of SMB/UNC for Emby-Server'.  After making the change, restart emby server.  You also have to make sure emby has access to the recorded tv folder in this mode.  This is not ideal because in this mode live-tv streams sometimes  stop early.  But until I figure out how to support this mcebuddy format, that's where we are.

If you have a smallish (~1GB) wtv file in this format, I'd appreciate it if you could upload it to here (or send me a link I could download it from).

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByNnAMYBoWvfQVBBNzFhZmNPWUE&usp=sharing

Edited by krustyreturns

mjktg99

I just have my mcebuddy fiLes dropped into a different "home videos" folder I call recorded tv. It does result in 2 recorded tv folders but the default one has files in it for the short time until they are converted. Not ideal, but that was my solution because I don't keep them in the wtv format and wmc doesn't see those files in the default recorded tv folder once they are converted to a different format.

krustyreturns

I fixed this mcebuddy/ffmpeg problem.  You can test it out by downloading a test build from here: http://bit.ly/swmcBeta-1220.  Make sure you set ' Use URLs instead of SMB/UNC for Emby-Server' back to its normal state (which is checked).

thanks

heerssimpson

I fixed this mcebuddy/ffmpeg problem.  You can test it out by downloading a test build from here: http://bit.ly/swmcBeta-1220.  Make sure you set ' Use URLs instead of SMB/UNC for Emby-Server' back to its normal state (which is checked).

thanks

Downloaded and tested it. It works like a charm!