Kodi watched status doesn't update

pcgirl

Using Kodi 15.2 using openelec on both.  One is a PC and one is an android box.and Emby v3.0.5781.0 through a docker on my unraid server.  Everything seems to work fine except that the watched status doesn't always update.  Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.  I am using ArticZephyr Extended skin.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

If you have a lot of updates going on at the same time, the update for the watched status will be pending to be processed. This means, it should eventually show up.

Edit: Your log will tell if there's a lot of updating happening (server tasks may affect the amount of updates received by the add-on)

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

When you see it happen, let me know at what time it happened and post your Kodi log? I'll be able to confirm if that is your issue. I highly doubt there's any issues with watch status, I've worked on it for a very long time to make sure everything was running as it should.

Hi,

I am experiencing issues with watched status, after watching something it will sometime show as watched, sometimes unwatched, but if I check back again after a few min it is always set as unwatched. The Emby Server will have the watched status updated, but it's not showing in KODI, no mater how long I leave it. The only way to get it to update seems to be to run a manual update, which is time consuming as I also sync my music library.

I have a log from last night, I watched 2 episodes of American Dad and had the issue. You can see early in the log I run a manual sync to fix the status of some episodes from the night before. Let me know if you need any higher level debuging done.

Device: Nexus Player

Kodi: 15.2

Emby Plugin: 1.1.57

Thanks,

Wob76

kodi.log

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Thanks for posting your log @@Wob76

I see the error is caused by the music library and causes the entire sync thread to crash. I'll let you know once I've fixed it and have something for you to test.

• Like 1

MSattler

Agreed @

Is there any chance that through the add-on in the add on settings we can have the capability to view the log within Kodi?  For instance, when there is a db lock keeping kodi from syncing with emby it's a PITA to break out a computer to ssh in, and view the log.

Or perhaps when it does fail, to note on screen what it fails for?

Angelblue05

What do you mean when the database lock? This problem should already be resolved. Is this not the case??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if there was a fix released for this? I have worked around the issue by turning off Music Sync, thankfully that doesn't wipe the music database, so I can still play music, I don't add music very often, so for the moment I will just go turn it back on when I add new music, then disable again. But a fix would be nice in future.

Thanks,

Wob76

Angelblue05

@@Wob76

Can you validate that you don't have two+ albums with the same music brain album Id? That's the reason why it's giving you this problem. Let me know.

Angelblue05

Hm, I don't think so. It would have to be done manually in the metadata manager. Unfortunately, your log only contains the item id.

Here is what I think happened: one of your album needing updating got assigned a new musicbrainzid, however because this id has to be unique, when we tried to update the album with the new musicbrainzid, we got an error, because there's already an entry in the Kodi database using the same musicbrainzid.

You could always try to do a database reset in Kodi to see if it would fix your issue, actually.

Edited by Angelblue05

Angelblue05

Let me know how it goes. Our only other option would be to never update the musicbrainzid once it's set. I think that would ensure we never get such error. However if an album was to be misidentified in emby and added to Kodi, there would be no way to correct it.

I'll keep thinking of a better solution.

I finally got some time to do some testing last night, after a full database reset on my Kodi it seems to be behaving as expected. I have re-enabled music and incremental sync.

I have only watched a single episode so I will continue to monitor.

Regards,

Beau

• Like 1