Sync option for Android TV?

bayn

Hello, 

I just returned from a 2 month business trip and all my syncing was done on my smaller tablet. I was curious if sync for Android TV could be implemented since these newer TV devices are pretty easy to take along and connect in rooms while traveling.

My use case:
I have a Shield TV and it supports SD cards and external drive attachments. During my stay the hotel wifi was great for syncing (daytime and late night) but was too slow for real time streaming. As a "road warrior" these devices can be setup and left to sync while working or sleeping but also easily connected to TV's in hotels or friends houses etc. Syncing was a great way to keep up with shows and series that my wife and I watch and discuss but it would of been great to do this with the TV and not a smaller tablet screen.

I know its not a common request but for those of us that travel and stay for work, these devices, coupled with sync would be a great companion.

Thanks for any feedback!

• Like 4

It will probably get in there eventually, depending on demand, but it is a rather edge-case scenario for these devices so it is not near the top of the list of things to do just yet.

No problem I figured I'd mention it to have my vote counted but I understand that you guys have other priorities to work from. I appreciate the answer!

hoxtonia

Just to add I'd love to see syncing for the Android tv client as a way for my remote users to play content back locally as opposed to streaming - my isp puts serious upload caps during peak times to limit streaming - I'd love to see a client with sync that supports a remote control

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
MajesticMaerlyn

Sorry to dig up an old topic, but I would love this too for my Shield. Plex doesnt appear interested in adding this, so I am hoping Emby is more responsive. 

I like to access my Emby content whilst I am in Australia, which only has a DSL connection that struggles with streaming even at lowest settings. However, I can easily queue up a sync remotely so they will be ready to watch whenever I land there. As this device runs Android TV, I really need this.

Vidman

It's pretty much a necessity for any remote viewing in Australia... Unless you are lucky enough to have access to the NBN

Edited by Vidman

• 10 months later...
screwfaze

Hi,

I too would love this option for my remote users would improve their experience.

Any chance this will come soon?

Thanks,

maegibbons

Thought I had already +1'd this. Maybe a different thread.

Krs

Mark

maegibbons

I knew id +1'd it somewhere!!

Great news that it is being worked on.

Krs

Mark

• 2 weeks later...
maegibbons

@@ebr

Any news on this?

I am going abroad for a few weeks in May where the bandwidth may be too low to stream direct.

Could really do with the sync feature to download overnight on Fire TV.

Any chance of seeing this feature in beta within the next 6 weeks??

Krs

Mark

We aren't in the habit of publishing dates but, if I were you, I'd investigate other options for your upcoming trip :).