nPVR Sub Channels

BobbyDing

BobbyDing

Evening. Please forgive if this is already a known thing. I searched this forum and didn't find anything on this subject. I have installed nPVR and everything is operating great except the sub channels (OTA) are not showing in the EMBY TV guide. For instance, I have two channel 6's instead of 6.1 & 6.2. It's not a big deal, as everything tunes just fine. I'm just wondering if it is normal?

Thank You,

Bobby

It's a separate channel? Or ?

It doesn't say anything to me. Can you enable debug logging on the nextpvr channel?

Then i can see what we get from next pvr.  And maybe we need to change something...

It's a separate channel? Or ?

It's a concept they use for over-the-air ATSC in North America. They're separate channels on the same frequency, usually from the same company, with a related channel number. In this system the channels have a major and minor number. ie you might have 2.1 WCBS and 2.2 WCBS2. They have a "." key on their remotes, so you can enter these channel numbers.  (To our North America friends - this is a really strange concept to the rest of the world)

NextPVR has support for major.minor numbers.

Edited by sub3

BobbyDing

Here's 2 pics to compare. nPVR with sub channels and EMBY without the sub channels. Again, it's not a big deal as the channel logos are there and everything works very well. It would be nice though for consistency between the two guides.

5643c8a49dc60_subchannels.png.

5643c8bc9a77d_nosubchannels.png

Thanks!

Bobby

Edited by BobbyDing

emveepee

Have a look at the returned JSON, UJB added the channelMinor field and a text string that you can use for display

{
"channel": {
"channelNum": 6,
"channelMinor": 1,
"channelFormattedNumber": "6.1",
"channelName": "CIII-HD",
"channelOID": 7957,
"channelIcon": "public/download.ashx/-5,1?7957"
}

Martin

You can either use "channelFormattedNumber", or build the number yourself from "channelNum"."channelMinor". If "channelMinor" is zero, then just use "channelNum". ie, 6.0 would just be shown as "6"