Live TV - Channel Search

Ceth

I understand that searching the program guide is a new feature in development builds.  In addition to searching for specific programs, it would also be nice to search for channels by their name.

For example, if the user searches for "ESPN" it should return currently airing programs on any channel that contains "ESPN" in the name.  From that point on, the user experience would be the same as if they had searched for those programs directly.  Implementing it shouldn't take much effort.

Another nice feature would be the ability to locate the program on the grid (not sure if this is already a feature in the Dev builds).  When presented with the result of a search, the user could then:

1) Click on the play button to start watching

2) Click a button that says "Grid View" (or similar) if the person wants to see the program in the context of the grid, or

3) Click on a button that says "Channel schedule" which will display the upcoming schedule for just that channel  

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
carloshmm

Hey, I know this topic is old but the suggestion is still relevant and not implemented yet. My IPTV provider has 1400 channels and I want to be able to search a specif channel without the need of manually navigating to the channel button which takes too long.

----EDIT

To make this suggestion clear I created a video showing this feature implemented on Kodi:

https://imgur.com/YqG3AyY

Edited by carloshmm

• 9 months later...
Jibest

This is already possible.

Care to share how? Trying this in the Android app now & for example a search on BBC does not show any channels, just programmes categorised as movies etc

Jibest

Sorry, perhaps it isn't in all the apps yet but it will be. Thx.

No worries, I have managed to find something now on the web app & the Android mobile app:

If you go to Live Tv and hit the search from that screen channels do not appear in the search results, however if you go back to the home screen and perform the search again the channels do appear under the heading "videos"?

Weird but at least I can now narrow down the search

...actually scratch that. They do not load as channels...

Edited by Jibest

samuelqwe

If you go to Live Tv and hit the search from that screen channels do not appear in the search results, however if you go back to the home screen and perform the search again the channels do appear under the heading "videos"?

Yeah, that’s how it works. I do agree it gets kind of confusing, because you would expect to be able to search channels from the Live TV view, and they also show up as “Videos” in the search results, not as Live TV Channels.

we will make sure channels are available in search, both on the home screen and in the live tv section. thanks.

• Like 1