Live TV viewing?

steelfanatic

steelfanatic

How is everyone viewing "Native" Emby Live TV? Favorite application? I'm using the Android version which is nice for mobile, I'm not really liking Emby theater so much. Is there anything better for desktop/Windows/Linux until a Kodi TV plug-in is done?

steelfanatic

Is your issue with theater as a whole or just that the live TV interface isn't completed yet?

Thank you for the response Luke, yes it is with theater; I'm not real crazy for the GUI, I really like the Kodi/ OpenELEC interface, its O.S. & hardware flexibility and would hope a plug-in is being developed for it. The live TV is great, and so easy to setup! I hope to replace NextPVR with it at a later time. (NextPVR is great, just don't like where Windows is headed anymore) Yours is the first server software where I can possibly use Linux along with mhddfs, have Live (mobile) TV, dlna services, ditch Plex......

I just started running this a few days ago and I am amazed at the work you guys are doing. Keep it up! If I see a stable Kodi plug-in, I am going to the premiere edition.

steelfanatic

Out of curiosity, what's wrong with the GUI?

Luke, it's a bit sluggish, only runs on Windows, reminds me of an Windows 8/ Xbox One interface which I'm not too wild about. I can install Kodi on basically anything plus the TV interface is pretty darn good and works perfect with any WMC IR remote.