Direct stream on ES5500

frankp

Is it possible to direct stream to my ES5500?

I'm using a RPI2 as Emby Server and a Synology as file server.

The TV should play mkv files, because it works through AllShare Play straight from my Synology.

But in Emby all I get when starting a file "Loading" but nothing happens.

Logfile says as last entry: No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index:0

FrostByte

The ES5500 should be fine, I think it uses SmartHub.  Are you using the Emby app for Samsung?  Latest version is 1.0.0j

Yes he is. That's one of our log messages.

//If there was no default video track use first one

if (videoIndex == -1) {

videoIndex = videoStreamIfNoDefault;

FileLog.write("Video : No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index : " + videoIndex);

}

But it's making a dangerous assumption there. We may be able to improve on that.

Does the file play ok in the Emby web client? Maybe try changing Max BitRate in TV Settings to a very low value to force it to transcode and see if that works.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

I'm using the stable app for Samsung. Did try the beta, but that doesn't work either.

I'm using path substitution so that the Raspberry Pi doesn't have to transcode (as there is no ffmpeg installed).

The file doesn't play in Web client either, it does play in Kodi with Emby addon.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated to 1.0.0.o version but stil can't seem to get it playing anything with direct streaming.

Stille getting the No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index:0

Is direct stream even possible with the samsung app?

FrostByte

Yes it direct streams everything fine for me.  It does not direct play though.  What format are the files in that aren't working?  Can you use the program mediainfo and post a pic of the results?  Curious to see the index of the tracks inside

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

The thing to bare in mind is that the tv has no ability to directly access a network file share. So a path substitution is redundant in this case. Direct stream (as opposed to direct play) means that the server accesses the file and creates a stream to the tv. When you use Samsung AllShare that's what the Synology is doing for you. It's not as processor intensive as transcoding but it's still possible that your Pi is the bottleneck. Do you have more luck with lower resolution files? It may be that this is not the best client for you I'm afraid as most other Emby clients can direct play from your Synology. a Chromecast dongle or a Roku box both have great Emby clients.

Don't want to sound like I'm sending you packing. Have you tried dnla playback from your Emby server?

• Like 1

Thnx guys, it's clear now.

I was hoping that if i selected the mediafile through emby, it would play like it was in Samsung AllShare directly from the Synology.

I'm going to compile ffmpeg on my RPI2 to see if it is powerfull enough to transcode.

• 1 month later...
pollomallo

I've the same problem with my TV H6500 and the version 1.0.3

Everything worked fine with samsung app 1.0.3 before updating my server from version 3.0.5724.6 to  3.0.5782.0, after that when I start to play it won't load any file and the log says "No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index:0"

I've reinstalled the previous server version that worked before (3.0.5724.6) without luck.

Any clue?

PS: it works from web client and from kodi (with emby plugin).

Edited by pollomallo

shorty1483

I've the same problem with my TV H6500 and the version 1.0.3

Everything worked fine with samsung app 1.0.3 before updating my server from version 3.0.5724.6 to 3.0.5782.0, after that when I start to play it won't load any file and the log says "No Default Video Index Found - Use First Video Index:0"

I've reinstalled the previous server version that worked before (3.0.5724.6) without luck.

Any clue?

PS: it works from web client and from kodi (with emby plugin).

try to Update to 1.0.4 or 2.0.5a (HD version)

Gesendet von meinem HTC One M8 mit Tapatalk

Edited by shorty1483