Live TV Aspect Ratio in Browser

Olywa123

Olywa123

Just recently set-up live tv using the native HDHomerun support for a HDHR4-2DT-UK. I've got the guides sorted thanks to help from rkulagow (great help and looks good),

All is running well through the emby Android app but when viewing via the web client the aspect ration is off for the majority of my channels. Either a squashed 4:3 type view or zoomed out. Are others experiencing this?

post-5609-0-61684500-1447116886_thumb.jpgpost-5609-0-99988300-1447116893_thumb.jpg

Do we have a way to change the aspect ratio that I'm just missing somewhere? could we force the TV playback to always fill the browser window or force a 16:9 aspect?

Many thanks.

Edited by Olywa123
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
DrWatson

I just looked at the segments and they are correct so the c/l looks fine. I think that the webclient is working off the physical dimensions rather than the display aspect. How hard would it be to probe each of the tv channels and get the correct display aspect for each? I doubt that the dar would ever change.

• Like 1

I've seen this on my tablet (Nexus 7) as well. I ended up setting Android's "default applications" setting to automatically open the video in MXPlayer if it detects video in a browser. Then, you can stretch/squash/zoom the screen accordingly.

Nathanio

I get this when I try to play SD content. it sets the output as 1080p and causes that effect. If you change it manually to 480p it displays properly. HD content is fine. 

It would be nice to have greater than 480p 1Mb option as well.