Copy Kodi Setup From One Nexus Player (ATV) to Another?

Kent

Angelblue05

If you are using the same Kodi version, you could just grab the userdata and addons folders in Kodi and copy it to the new Nexus Player.

I'm not sure if the backup add-on also copies databases, but if it does, then I suppose it would work. :)

Edited by Angelblue05

If you are using the same Kodi version, you could just grab the userdata and addons folders in Kodi and copy it to the new Nexus Player.

I'm not sure if the backup add-on also copies databases, but if it does, then I suppose it would work. :)

Thanks...my first go to is always to copy the userdata and addon folders but i can't figure out how to navigate to the folder in Kodi's file manager. For some reason I can't see the userdata folder in the android file system!  I think it's just my newbness showing through here, as I'm more a windows guy and just starting to get into Android.

But I did do a backup using the backup add-on (and it does copy databases), and i'm able to backup right to my NAS so I think that's the way i'll go.  Assuming the restore is as easy as the backup, i'll test that out when i hook up the new Nexus Player tomorrow.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Awesome, let me know how it goes. Might be a good way for emby users to back up their setup without too much difficulties. :)

Awesome, let me know how it goes. Might be a good way for emby users to back up their setup without too much difficulties. :)

Ok, so it went relatively OK.  Here are some things you have to do/keep in mind. Overall, a success! Just be forewarned on below:

0) Important! In the backup source files _before_ restoring them to the new/target machine, go into Add-on>plugin.emby (or whatever it is called) and delete out the machine_guid file! This is important or the machine will report in as the original backed up machine, which will cause sync issues!!

1) Prior to import of the backup, on target machine, change the Master Profile name to the one you had on your source Kodi install.  If you have it at default, no worries. Then Load the Backup add-on from Kodi Repository>Programs

2) After restore, the default skin will load (confluence), so just go in Appearances and change to your normal skin

3) Profiles: If you have them, just create the profiles with the same naming as the backup source machine, and Kodi will automatically recognize there is a set of data for that profile and ask if you want to use it.  Answer yes.

That's basically it, everything else is good to go from what I remember.

• Like 1