ios - ffmpeg.exe does not terminate

foghat

Hi all,

When using MB Mobile on my iphone 5s, after stopping a movie or tv show, ffmpeg.exe (for transcoding) on the server does not terminate.  It keeps running and eating up cpu cycles.  I have to manually terminate the process in windows task manager.

ffmpeg.exe terminates properly if I start and then stop a movie from within Media Browser server, so I am pretty sure it has to do with the way the ios app is communicating with the server.

I am using the latest version of the server.

Anyone else experiencing this?

sfnetwork

Yes, this is a known issue right now.

It should be fixed in one of the next updated versions.

Edited by sfnetwork

kreeturez

In the interim, if you use the most recent Dev build of the server with Safari (using the WebUI rather than the dedicated app), this issue is sorted.

The iOS app I'm sure will be fixed shortly too.

sfnetwork

Just a question of time, focus is on iPad dev I think right now.

I have no doubt that this (and many more issues/features) will be handled right after.

kreeturez
Don't encourage people to take dev builds please.

I see your point: but for me and the Mrs, this bug was a show stopper since our sever was being taken down by stray transcode threads. This actually stopped successful playback of subsequent videos.

Fortunately yesterday's Dev build has actually been very stable.

There's a solid warning in the Settings screen about Dev build stability when setting updating so presumably users know the risks ;-)

In the interim, if you use the most recent Dev build of the server with Safari (using the WebUI rather than the dedicated app), this issue is sorted. The iOS app I'm sure will be fixed shortly too.

Don't encourage people to take dev builds please.

I know it was said this should be fixed in an upcoming release.  Is there any sense of when this will be?  

I really want to move the whole family off of Plex and onto MB3, but the kids use plex on their iphones daily.  This ffmpeg issue essentially makes it so I can't have them use the current iphone app.

Edited by foghat

darwindeeds

The fix is currently ready and will be tested sometime this week and probably be submitted to the app store early next week. Adding few additional features but the ffmpeg kill is a critical fix that needs to get out asap. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.  

• Like 1

Hey,no worries.

I am just glad to hear the release with the fix is basically imminent.

Thanks for all the great work!

• Like 1

kreeturez
In the interim, if you use the most recent Dev build of the server with Safari (using the WebUI rather than the dedicated app), this issue is sorted.The iOS app I'm sure will be fixed shortly too.

Those seeking to avoid Dev builds (a good practice for the average user!) but affected by this bug can grab the latest beta, released today, which sorts this in Safari.

• 1 month later...

The fix is currently ready and will be tested sometime this week and probably be submitted to the app store early next week. Adding few additional features but the ffmpeg kill is a critical fix that needs to get out asap. Sorry for the inconvenience and thanks for your patience.  

Any idea when this is going to be released?