Crystal Theme Request - Recently Added Options

RBeam6

Not sure if this belongs as a request for a specific theme or MB3 as a whole but figure I'll try here first.

I'll often add media to my collection in batches not knowing exactly when I'll get around to watching (or listening). I really like the look of the 'boxes' on the EHS but right now the only way I'm seeing to remind myself what I've added recently is to go into a the full category (like blu ray), pull up view settings then cycle through sort options to sort by date.

Would it be possible to either:

a. Have an option that modified the behavior of the 'recently added' tile on the EHS so that it would take you to a list of recently added items (sorted by date added) rather than taking you directly to whatever item is currently highlighted in the tile? ... or

b. Maybe enable a key on the remote that would allow you, once in the main category, to just toggle between sort options without having to go through multiple steps to get there? Best case scenario for me would be something that let me toggle between date/name but maybe that's more trouble than it's worth if no one else finds much value in the feature.

Thanks!

• Like 1

aspdend

I second both requests - I especially would like to have a chance to select the sort options I want rather than having it actually try to sort my entire 2000+ movie collection by Director because I want an option for sorting further down the list...

Upvote for me too for some functionality like this!  This is my biggest issue with your new themes Lee, they look and run great, but recently added currently only shows 1 item (or in ROC, the number of items I set for the EHS).  As an example of what I personally like, in Throgs themes, it would show ~10 items.  I have 2-3 new shows added to the library each day, so Id like to see a nice list of whats new in the last week or so.

This is mostly an issue for TV Shows ... for movies the current function is fine.

Thanks Lee!

leedavies

I'm looking at changing the way the view options menu works in the next release, so you can choose the sort order or view without just clicking to cycle through the options - a list will let you go straight to the option you want, even if it's not the next in the list.