Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

CBers

So would the HD version just be a change to the resolution of the images we already have in our libraries?

FrostByte

Ya, basically show your backdrops, etc in HD.  I think shorty has some of the mediainfo icons and other things needed made up already.  He had a nice version running awhile back off usb

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

shorty1483

So would the HD version just be a change to the resolution of the images we already have in our libraries?

I just can speak for H Series. In the current version the images look really blurry and fonts and icons look quite pixelated because of the native 720p resolution for apps in the TV. Compared to my HD test app basing on chess work the difference is quite large. When going to 720p the app looks high classy and more state of the art, so it fits totally into the concept and look of the other Emby projects like WebClient, Android etc... On the actual TV models I would compare the look like a Windows 3.11 between two Win10 machines :D

For the actual version, I think @@cmcg maxed out the limit what the app needs to do and is able to do. All respect to him and chess! 

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 2

Yes. The intension is that 2.x will be 720p and support F-Series and above. Beyond that, if you want to go to 1080p you'll have the same issue with me that you had with Chess. IE. There is little reason to program a release that cuts off support for my own TV!

If show stopping bugs are found in 1.x or a server change threatens to cut off support for D series users unless we make a client change then I can imagine doing some updates on 1.x. But I doubt there will be any feature releases on that branch.

For me, this client is attractive, reasonably feature complete and stable. So you should expect progress to remain at the current slow pace unless my circumstances change, but yes, I do fancy me a bit of HD goodness.

Sounds good.  I've tested the 1080p version on E-series and it appeared to work fine.  Unless you're planning on using some other features, I expect 720p will work for E-series as well

This beta is a 1.0.0 release candidate. Only crushingly important bugs will be addressed from here on out.

1.0.0t

Fixed: Subtitles incorrectly displayed with some Unix servers.

Added a closed caption icon to media details pages.

I will check if the fix works for me later today, have had some exams the last couple of days so havent had time before now :) but thanks for your hard work on the app, works great.

It is perfect. The subtiles work now, ill keep on testing with new content but så fare it works with what i have played. What was the problem if i may ask? Thanks again the app is now perfect for my everyday use.

• Like 3

FrostByte

It is perfect. The subtiles work now, ill keep on testing with new content but så fare it works with what i have played. What was the problem if i may ask? Thanks again the app is now perfect for my everyday use.

Cool.  Thanks myrup for your testing and verifying that the same subtitles worked on a pc server and not your NAS.  Even though it technically wasn't a client issue, it helped pinpoint the issue and cmcg was able to make a workaround.  Then when a second person had the same issue right after you it really made it easy to find the culprit.

• Like 1

CBers

I notice that there is now a CC image on the details pages denoting that Closed Captions are available.

As CC is a USA designation, could we have a UK designation, such as just SUBS, please, determined by regional settings. 

Is the app region specific ??

FrostByte

Is the app region specific ??

I don't think so, the word "Favorites" is spelled wrong in several places :)

• Like 2

CBers

I don't think so, the word "Favorites" is spelled wrong in several places  :)

You mean it's spelt correctly with a "u" ;)

• Like 2

This beta is a 1.0.0 release candidate. Only crushingly important bugs will be addressed from here on out.

1.0.0t

Fixed: Subtitles incorrectly displayed with some Unix servers.

Added a closed caption icon to media details pages.

Worked perfect with MacOS!

Thank you!

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

Still got the bug where if a media item that appears on the home screen doesn't have a backdrop or thumb image then the whole app doesn't work too well.

• Like 1

Still got the bug where if a media item that appears on the home screen doesn't have a backdrop or thumb image then the whole app doesn't work too well.

I'm not sure I can make any progress with this. Can you be more specific?

To recreate it: Delete the backdrop from one of your movies, and get it to the front page (for example, add it again so it is seen as "new" or something similar)

As a result, you'll have black bars at the bottom of the screen and it looks bad. In older versions it kept the box (containing the backdrop), but now it doesn't know where to go and wraps around the entire "New releases" box.

Edited by Did
  • Like 1

CBers

To recreate it: Delete the backdrop from one of your movies

All backdrops, or just backdrop.jpg?

Does this happen with TV shows/episodes as well?

Which section of the home screen, New Movies?

Does it happen if you go into the Movies view, or can you not navigate from the home screen?

SilentAssassin

All backdrops, or just backdrop.jpg?

Does this happen with TV shows/episodes as well?

Which section of the home screen, New Movies?

Does it happen if you go into the Movies view, or can you not navigate from the home screen?

Not sure how many backdrops you need to get rid of, I would have a guess it needs to be them all, you cannot have a thumb image as well, as that will be used on the home screen. I've only noticed it with movies, home screen view set to show new movies, as recently added some stand up DVD's to my collection which don't have any meta data or fanart. If you manage to get into the movies category when trying to enter the item with no artwork it breaks again.

I've actually seen this recently as well.

The easy way to replicate it is probably to put a home movie in a folder inside a Movies library.  

Emby will try and download artwork but of course will never find any.  This will break the home screen if latest movies is shown.

If you start watching the home movie in the web client to create a resume point, then go back to the Samsung app, this item in the Continue watching view will also break the app.

Ultroman

Ehm, Continue Watching has taken over my Home Screen.

I have it on, I have Next Up on HV1 and whatever on HV2. If I go and change the settings to just about anything, and go back to my Home Screen, then all I see is 10 items of Continue Watching, nothing else. When I restart Emby, things are normal again.

EDIT: It was because I pressed Return to go back from the Settings menu. I have to go to the Left-menu and press Home for it to update the view.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

1.0.0u
Fixed: Home page corrupted when item has no backdrop images.

Thanks guys. Top testing.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

Actually, we can do slightly better than that. This update tries one more type of image before giving up and showing an empty box on the home page.

1.0.0v
Further improved item image display on home page.

• Like 4

SilentAssassin

Actually, we can do slightly better than that. This update tries one more type of image before giving up and showing an empty box on the home page.

1.0.0v

Further improved item image display on home page.

out of curiosity what images and in what order does it try to display now before giving up.

This beta cycle is now complete. You guys have been freeking awesome. Well done to you. Please start different threads for any issues with the 1.0.0 release. No doubt a new beta thread will appear before too long.

• Like 3

@cmcg: did you do any work on subtitles between version Q and V? I updated to V this weekend and now for almost every subs line the last character is missing.

Examples:

1- Original sub: "Thanks for everything!" Displayed sub: "Thanks for everything" <- note the missing "!"
2- Original sub: "Let's ride" Displayed sub: "Let's rid" <- note the missing "e".

This problem is not ocurring in the webclient or any other app.

Edit: forget the stupid question I just saw you did changes in the subs processing. I'm running latest Emby on CentOS 7. :(

Edited by fc7