Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

CBers

I've gone back to the stable version (v0.593) and the app loads to the home screen without issue.

I've raised a bug report about this, as after running the STABLE release without issue, I tried the latest BETA, but it does not go past the splash-screen.

Is anyone else having issues ??

I am running against the DEV server release.

EDIT: I have installed the BETA Emby server release on a separate PC and pointed latest Beta of this app at that install and it works fine.

Therefore, there is something in the DEV server stopping the loading of the home screen.

@@cmcg - could you have a word with Luke about this please.

I'm having to run Stable release of this app against DEV server as latest Beta doesn't work.

I can't change my main Emby server to Beta as it's not possible due to changes in the DEV version.

Edited by CBers

CBers

Running fine here using latest beta version of both

I thought it would be running against Stable/Beta server, it just doesn't run against Dev.

Hopefully it'll be fixed before the next Beta is released ;)

• Like 1

Try this guys. I've been talking to @@Luke about the correct way to query User Views, which happens while the splash screen is up so might have been the cause.

I've also set it (for now at least) so that the splash screen always disappears, even if there's nothing much behind it. That should help with debugging. Also, there are more start up log entries to help us.

1.0.0m
Menu item display and order now respects User Views in Home Screen Settings.
Final 1.0 media icons by @@shorty1483
Added the version number to the About page.
Added detailed start-up logging.
Changed server URLs from /mediabrowser to /emby.
Fixed: Screensaver starts during trailers playback.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 3

FrostByte

Looks good, just watched the first few minutes of the new extended version of Hobbit Five Armies.  I like the additional log entries at start-up.

Final 1.0 media icons by @@shorty1483

Did it include the icon for DTS-ES he made?  I noticed it isn't showing up

Missed that one. Sorry. Still time to add though. Can you chuck a little sample file somewhere for me?

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

CBers

OK, "m" seems to fix the problem of getting past the splash-screen.

For completeness, TV Next Up still doesn't work, but New TV does, so that will suffice for now.

FrostByte

On long episode titles the overlay on bottom of the thumb image is cut off.  I know it used to create a second line if it was too long, but not sure if the change is by design or what.  I can create a bug report, but it's not a big deal to me as long as I can see the episode #

564b552b6a3af_WP_20151117_002.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Works for me.

What are you doing that's different?

TV Next Up is working for me also

It works for you both, because you're not running against the DEV server release, which I am.

I can't change to Beta server unless I want to re-install from scratch, as Luke has made changes to Dev which aren't compatible with Beta.

Read this for reference.

CBers

Ok, I was going to switch to developer until you said that :)

If you do, you won't be able to switch back easily, unless you get in and out quick :)

Ok good. I presume he's just not got round to fixing it yet. Could you stay on the beta server @@FrostByte and if the change goes forward maybe you can give me a head's up?

FrostByte

Ok good. I presume he's just not got round to fixing it yet. Could you stay on the beta server @@FrostByte and if the change goes forward maybe you can give me a head's up?

Will do, nice to have people on the different releases in case server breaks something

CBers

"m" is broken again.

I get the splash-screen with the version on it, it disappears and I get a background image display, but no home screen.

Only options displayed are Exit along with the time.

shorty1483

Looks good, just watched the first few minutes of the new extended version of Hobbit Five Armies.  I like the additional log entries at start-up.

Is it totally not shown or des it look like the regular DTS logo? Reason I ask, it's included but I took the new logo style to match the other DTS logos.

FrostByte

Is it totally not shown or des it look like the regular DTS logo? Reason I ask, it's included but I took the new logo style to match the other DTS logos.

It's just showing the regular DTS icon and the 6.1 icon next to it.  I'm sure you created a DTS-ES icon because I downloaded it awhile back

"m" is broken again.

I get the splash-screen with the version on it, it disappears and I get a background image display, but no home screen.

Only options displayed are Exit along with the time.

So basically your issue hasn't changed. It's just that I made sure the splash screen would close. Can you check the log? What are you home screen settings?

CBers

I can't get into the home screen to check the log.

There's nothing obvious in the server log.

I have just deleted and re-installed it and I have HV1 set to Resume ITems and HV2 to New TV, but it hangs when I try and go back to the home screen.

The screensaver works !!

Suggestions ??

Edited by CBers