Beta 1.0.0v

cmcg

The current BETA release is available to install from the following IP address…

For full instructions, please see the Install Instructions thread.

Currently, Samsung Smart TVs, Blu-ray Disk players and Home Theatre Systems series D, E, F and H are supported.

D series devices will likely not be supported in a future release due to a planned increase in the smart hub resolution.

The normal rules of running beta software apply. It might not work! If you do find a bug, please try to find out if it has been introduced recently or was there already in the last stable release and then submit a bug report.

There are myriad TVs and devices to support and the behaviour is sometimes different so your input is enormously valuable.

The beta so big, it got it's thread!

1.0.0h

Transparent menus with brighter grey to indicate item selection.

Picture-in-picture movie trailor playback on E-Series and above.

"More Episodes" option added to Episode Details page. Includes Favourite, Watched and Resume status.

Chapter, Episode, Suggested and Cast images added to Episode Details page.

Episode Details page now shows the principle cast members.

Cast Member page improved with pictures and biography.

TV, Episode and Movie pages show tomato and star ratings.

Miniturised the music player controls to the bottom bar.

Scrolling text speed changed. Longer initial pause followed by quicker scrolling.

Fixed an issue where the clock disappears after a slideshow.

Removed the static backdrops from Music, Photos and Media Folders.

Known Issue:

Cannot use "Add to Playlist" if a movie trailer was previously viewed. This is to do with conflicting Samsung plug-ins. I'm may not fix this as it requires learning rather more about a platform that Samsung can't be bothered to support than I wish to learn. We'll see.

563f9b77e72bc_MovieTrailer.png

563f9b9253c65_Cast.png

563f9ba6bcc3e_CastMember.png

There are a lot of navigation issues around the new features of the Episode and Movie Details pages and from moving the music player into the bottom bar. Please have a good play. Press all the buttons etc. and find all those bugs I've not yet spotted.

Sorry about the lack of trailer support on D-Series.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 7

SilentAssassin

Not tried it yet but got to thank you @@cmcg for adding trailer support, it'll make picking a movie to watch with the girlfriend easier.

FrostByte

Looking very good SIr.

Can the height between the slide out menu items for movies be increased a little.  It overlaps the line between sections on the third row of text.  This may apply to episodes also

563fa693c83bc_WP_20151108_001.jpg

Yes, I was thinking it would be better if that was a little bigger. I don't think they need to be the same height as the left part of that menu. That would make the third line fit better and also make the images a fraction taller which would really help with portrait images like those ones. Also, I think there is room to make that row a little wider so the text doesn't wrap quite so readily.

Edit: I tell a lie. We can make them wider. But there is no vertical space.

Edit2: Maybe I could make it only four visible items in that list.

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

Which ever makes more sense.   If wider works then we don't have to eliminate an item from teh list.  Too bad they can't be a little taller though.  It's kind of small on the 55" screen, but still nice to have them there.

Edit: if you eliminate an item from the list would that allow the others to be taller?

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

I agree. I think I'll try it at four items because I want what's on screen to look comfortable. It looks a bit tight at the moment. 

• Like 1

FrostByte

I agree. I think I'll try it at four items because I want what's on screen to look comfortable. It looks a bit tight at the moment. 

Instead of eliminating the fifth one, can you just show 4 items and then make it scrollable like the chapters?   Then maybe make the chapters show only 4 at a time too and still be scrollable.  That way it could show a larger image for each

FrostByte

For some reason my TV rebooted the first time I started the app.  Didn't happen on my HTS though.  Will wait and see if it happens again

Instead of eliminating the fifth one, can you just show 4 items and then make it scrollable like the chapters?   Then maybe make the chapters show only 4 at a time too and still be scrollable.  That way it could show a larger image for each

Of course. It will always scroll if there's more to see.

• Like 1

If you're an Emby supporter then you can install the trailers channel and sync the trailers archive. That gives you lots. Any locally stored trailers are also playable.

• Like 1

gogreenpower

I've used the app (1.0.0i) twice today and both times it froze trying to start playback. Navigation was jerky as well. Tv off and back into the app fixed it both times. No logs sorry had to get it going quick for the kids.

Anyone else had any troubles?

Green.

Edited by gogreenpower

Sorry to hear that @@gogreenpower

If you can reproduce the issue, go ahead and file bug reports for both this and your photo browsing issue if you still have it, so that I have a record of your TV model, server version etc?

Nothing is changed with normal playback in this release so I don't know what's happening there. The trailer player is a totally separate thing, although there's nothing to say it couldn't conflict with the normal player. Try to see if your issue is only occurring if you've played a trailer since starting the app. I doubt that's it but worth a look. When the on screen keyboard conflict occurs after playing trailer (when you click Add to Playlist) it causes a logout error, so that's very noticeable. Not what you're seeing at all.

SilentAssassin

Just getting chance to have a little play with 1.0.0i and have a few observations.

Trailer support is a fantastic inclusion, however playback controls are a bit off. The only playback button that does anything is the pause button, the stop button doesn't stop the trailer and when paused the play button doesn't resume. I was going to ask whether you could add the ability to fullscreen the trailer then noticed it is one of the coloured buttons, would like to be able to select the P-I-P trailer window and press enter to fullscreen. When in fullIscreen mode though, the pause button nolonger pauses, you need to press the enter button to pause, and no other playback controls work. When in fullscreen and you press the info button to bring up the OSD the time remaining is not correct.

On the movie details screen, now that trailers are displayed on the "pop out" menu of the play option, I think resume should be moved to that "pop out" menu as one of the play options.

This has been present since you brought in the new highlight selector, just not got round to letting you know. The highlight is a fixed size/aspect ratio and when your images don't conform to that ratio it expands past the boundary of your image. I use bluray covers for my movies, as such these are not poster aspect ratio, and the highlight selector is highlighting past the edge of the image, hope that makes sense.

This is more a feature request, when I enter my movie media type from the top menu, the first and default display is All. I don't want to see all my  movies by default, I'm only really interested in seeing the latest movies so the first thing I will do is go to the latest option. I know you can have new movies as one of the home screen options, and I do, but that doesn't give you as good overall view of what latest movies I have to watch. If you could have an option for selecting what the default option is when entering the different media views that would be great.

While on the subject of adding options and views, it would be good if you could get rid of the overview text from the media screen so that you could have 3 rows of covers.

Was going to mention that cast members weren't showing and then noticed they were but only for my newest movies. I think something has changed server side as cast have disappeared for all my media, apart from the newest few titles.

• Like 1

SilentAssassin

Also, the new more episodes option, you need to prefix the episode title with the episode number.

Lots of good ideas. Thanks. I think I agree with you about almost all of them. I can't promise to deliver them all but we'll see what I can do. I'll start with a few easy ones :)

Just noticed that I broke the TV/Movies by Genre page yet again when I removed the up and down movement selection. Doh.

Also, the new more episodes option, you need to prefix the episode title with the episode number.

Done (told i'd start with the easy one!)

• Like 2

The only playback button that does anything is the pause button, the stop button doesn't stop the trailer and when paused the play button doesn't resume. I was going to ask whether you could add the ability to fullscreen the trailer then noticed it is one of the coloured buttons, would like to be able to select the P-I-P trailer window and press enter to fullscreen. When in fullIscreen mode though, the pause button nolonger pauses, you need to press the enter button to pause, and no other playback controls work. When in fullscreen and you press the info button to bring up the OSD the time remaining is not correct.

Play, pause and stop now behave more as expected. All UI now disabled in full screen mode (as was intended before). Toggle full screen was placed on the Yellow button for convenience. I'd like to have implemented it the way you suggest but it's a lot more work to deal with the page navigation. Bare in mind that the trailer viewer is not intended as a fully implemented video player. It is intended to be simple to operate with very few controls.

• Like 3

CBers

Bare in mind that the trailer viewer is not intended as a fully implemented video player. It is intended to be simple to operate with very few controls.

Haven't updated to "i" yet, as still on holiday, but why can't the trailers be played just like any other video? Why does it need it's own player?

I'm not getting involved in the main player and it's myriad supported files types and trying to add a mini-player to it. The trailer player accepts a transcoded stream from the server of whatever trailer is available. Local file, file type, internet stream etc, all is left for the server to sort out in this case.

• Like 1

1.0.0j
Handle suggested items from the Trailers channel as trailers. (E-Series and above)
Fixed a startup freeze when "Suggested For You" is selected as a Home Page item.
Increased image quality from 80 to 90 (because all other Emby clients use 90)
Fixed TV/Movie by Genre display.
Added episode numbers to "More Episodes" on the item details page.
Pause and stop buttons implemented for trailer viewing.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2