BD-H6500 or BD-J7500?

paulsalter

paulsalter

Morning All

I am after replacing my old E series Blu-ray with one of the above models due to it getting bit slow now

Has anyone used either of the above models with the Emby app and how do they perform

Both have the Smart Hub feature not the new Tizen, just wondering if the J (2015) model is worth nearly double the price

Thanks for any info

Hi @@paulsalter

I'm not familiar with the feature set, but if the Emby Samsung client is a deal-breaker for you, you should note that any J-Series support is really coincidental. Some people who found their J-Series TV had SmartHub report that the app works fine with just a few oddities where the font colour changes. However, I'd have thought they would see quite a bit on unnecessary transcoding. H-Series on the other hand has a long section in the codec support page and should give the best compatibility with your media files. I've been thinking I should add J-Series to that as it's abilities are likely similar to H-Series.

paulsalter

Thanks for the info

It looks like I will probably be going for the H

Did some reading yesterday and cannot see any advantage of the J model

Cheers

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I am curious as to if other lower end H model Bluray players such as Samsung BD-HM59CZA will work with the Emby client.  Thanks!

Judging by the user manual it has all the same codec support as any other H series device and should be a good choice.

paulsalter

Hi,

The only reason I didn't mention the other models in the 'H' range, is when I was checking them out (I am in the UK), the H6500 is the only H model with the full app store, the other models all had the Opera store, not sure if this affects manually installing the Emby app or not