Keeps asking to "Try Cinema Mode"

Fayth

I keep getting the message to "Try Cinema Mode", even when I am trying to play some music. I can hit "Close and Play My Media", and it goes away for a while, but inevitably it comes back. I don't know if it is coming back after updates or server restarts or some time period, but it is incredibly frustrating. It feels like I'm being hit with an ad on my own server.

• Like 1

djonnie

I'm not experiencing this issue, but I would love a global option do disable these popups with suggestions and for example changing the theme to a Halloween theme... It indeed feels like "ads".

This should only be happening periodically. If it is happening all the time, then it's due to browsing data in your browser getting cleared or due to running the browser in some kind of incognito mode.

With the halloween theme, I'm not sure how that could be viewed as an advertisement. We were really just trying to do something nice for you guys, but inevitably there's always going to be some who don't like it and that's just something we have to live with. There was a persistent button up in the header to turn it off.

Periodically sounds like what I am experiencing. Is there a way to disable it completely? If not, please consider adding something along the lines of "Don't show me this message again", so that I can have some control on whether I see this message at all. I have no interest in Cinema Mode, in fact one of the huge benefits of ripping my Blu-Rays, to me, is the fact that I don't have any trailers. 

As far as the Halloween thing, I had absolutely no issues with it, for two reasons. I was given the option to turn it off immediately and permanently if I didn't want it, and it seemed to me like a fun holiday bonus that reminded me there is an active group of devs contributing to the project. I wouldn't mind seeing more of this for other holidays, especially Christmas!

Edited by Fayth

djonnie

With the halloween theme, I'm not sure how that could be viewed as an advertisement. We were really just trying to do something nice for you guys, but inevitably there's always going to be some who don't like it and that's just something we have to live with. There was a persistent button up in the header to turn it off.

And I appreciate that, Luke.

I meant "ads" in the way that these messages and theme changes come from nowhere and then just pop-up. Not as some cheap advertisement trick for Emby.

I have young kids who use the Web Client to play movies. They don't know what to do with these popups and they didn't feel very comfortable with the Halloween theme, with the strange music coming from the speakers :-)