Watched status only works one way (server to kodi)

sibi
Go to solution Solved by sibi,

Hi,

I am trying emby for the first time, so apologies if this has an obvious fix.

I have setup emby's kodi plugin and can access my content without any problems. Moreover, when I mark something as watched on kodi, the server instantly replicates that setting (marking as unwatched works too).

However, when I mark something as watched on the server ("played" icon on the media section), Kodi will never display a checked checkbox. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is supposed to work both ways.

I am using emby server Version 3.0.5781.0 on Ubuntu 15.04 with kernel  3.19.0-30-generic. Mono version is 4.0.3.20/d6946b4 and the Kodi plugin version is 1.1.39

Neither kodi logs (with emby add-on debug mode enabled) or the service logs show any entry upon marking something as watched on Kodi

Syncing the watched status was the number one reason for me to install emby. Is this a common / known problem ? Is there a fix? I see a lot of chatter on other threads but nothing conclusive.

Thank you,

Gonçalo

Angelblue05

It is supposed to work both ways. Can you post your kodi log, set the add-on debug to info - try marking something as watched on the server and at what time it was marked as watched. The only time I see this, is if there's a lot of updating going on, it's then in "queue" to be processed and will eventually show up.

If you need more help, see: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/17599-how-to-report-a-problem/

Edited by Angelblue05

• Solution

Turns out that it was because Kodi was still running sync. It looks like the watch status only works kodi => emby in these circumstances.

Thanks for the help !

• Like 1