3 replies to this topic

#1 socalredneck OFFLINE  

socalredneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

Hello, how do I know if my Roku's are running the latest versions of the beta app?  I love Emby for all it's device applications, and use Roku's for my tv's, but the beta app I'm running just looks boxee compared to the web & droid apps.  I really hate to complain, because it is a wonderful app, I just have seen a lot of changes with other emby apps over the weeks & months, but not much change on the Roku app. I'm wondering how I can be sure I'm running the latest and greatest of the Roku app?

If I could make a suggestion for the app.  In the Live TV section, in the guide & channel sections, the channel descriptions are toooooo big.  I only get 2, maybe 3 channels listed on my tv screen.  The web app will easily display 10-12 channels on a screen, and the phone app displays 6 channels on my phone.  It would be nice if the Roku app displayed like the web app.

Thank you.

#2 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:44 PM

roku has a new SDK coming out soon with new developer features and we'll be updating the UI to take advantage of them.

#3 socalredneck OFFLINE  

socalredneck

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 84 posts
  • Local time: 08:36 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:54 PM

Sounds great Luke, thanks.

Does Roku auto update the beta app, or do I need to do something to make sure I've got the latest & greatest version of the app?

#4 Luke OFFLINE  

Luke

System Architect

• Administrators
  • 129329 posts
  • Local time: 11:36 AM

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:57 PM

yes it does.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users