1.0.0 Beta Thread

cmcg

The previous thread looked like it might go forever. Better if we break it up a bit I think.

The current BETA release is available to install from the following IP address…

For full instructions, please see the Install Instructions thread.

Currently, Samsung Smart TVs, Blu-ray Disk players and Home Theatre Systems series D, E, F and H are supported.

D series devices will likely not be supported in a future release due to a planned increase in the smart hub resolution.

The normal rules of running beta software apply. It might not work! If you do find a bug, please try to find out if it has been introduced recently or was there already in the last stable release and then submit a bug report.

There are myriad TVs and devices to support and the behaviour is sometimes different so your input is enormously valuable.

• Like 5

1.0.0g
Photo browser performance improvements.
Encode Level is now ignored for h263 files. Remains 4.1 for h264.
TV series and Movie selection indicated with the boxshadow effect.
Fixed: Movie posters cropped when shown in larger view.
Reduced slideshows to 2500 items to reduce server load when starting.
Subtitle ISO693-2 language codes now translated to human readable format.

• Like 2

Thanks for your feedback on the previous betas.

Hopefully the new photo browser is getting there now. E series and above will see nice rounded corners on the album item count. Photo album thumbnails are being generated much more quickly now and remain stable so they don't get regenerated so often. A lot more checking is done to avoid null reference crashes that were causing log outs.

Since enforcing the max encode level of 4.1 had some unwanted consequences for h263 encoded files, I've reversed that change while keeping it in place for h264.

I think using movement to indicate selection in TV and Movies was ok but it couldn't be implemented in other pages. While the addition of the boxshadow effect looks quite nice so it's best if we make that universal.

Some people, including me, have seen some blank images in slideshows since we increased them to 3000 images. I've backed off to 2500 in this build.

I've put in a big list of lSO language code translations so that your subtitles menu during playback should now show the language name instead of the three letter code.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

CBers

WRT slideshows, could that be a configurable amount ??

The higher the number, the longer it starts to play.

Is it just slow due to the Samsung eco-system, as when I saw all 37k+ items in the Android TV app, they just loaded as you scrolled.

When you call the slideshow the server returns an array of metadata before the first image is called. It's crunching the array I'm worried about. We'll see if this has any effect.

Photos seem to load a little faster, thanks cmcg. 

Great, thanks. Once you've had a look around, you should start to see the album thumbnails settle down and not regenerate so much and then it starts to become much more fluid. This is more like the expected behaviour for a photo browser.

• Like 1

gogreenpower

I still get booted back to the home screen when trying to view a photo, a lot more log entries now

nowpost-4775-1446604004147_thumb.jpg

Green.

gogreenpower

Just noticed when navigating through movies and the bottom line isn't a full row when you go back up the cursor jump isn't what is expected. Up one row and across 3 movies for example

Green.

Is this after you browse photos and try to start a slideshow to view photos full screen? Can you give me step by steps instructions to reproduce? Thanks.

Edited by cmcg

gogreenpower

It happens by itself, if the bottom has less than 7 titles the navigation acts as if it's left justified but the actual view of the bottom row is centred. If that makes sense...

Green.

• Like 1

I'm not sure which recent version this changed in, but we no longer have Movie titles on screen saver images.  

I actually quite liked this as it often reminded me of movies I have but had forgotten about.

What's the general consensus on this feature?  Personally, I'd like to see it back, or at least a green button option to toggle it.

Hi!  First of all, I want to thank you for the amazing job you're doing, and all the effort you're putting into this =) 

That said, I can't update from 1.0.0e to 1.0.0g. I tried removing the app, checking the IP and every time it downloads Emby 1.0.0e

Anyways, I have a UE32J5200 tv and it works pretty well. The only issues i'm having are the black text in the settings pages, it becomes white when i select it but when the page scrolls up or down goes back to black.

There's another thing, on both my TV's (UE32J5200 and UE40H5500) I have to enable "Transcode AAC to Dolby" or else i get an error "media not found" or something like that when i play videos with AAC audio; and sometimes when i scroll down in a list like Next-UP or Movies the whole app goes up off-screen.

I hope that these info are useful to eventually fix some bugs. 

:D

• Like 1

Hi @@syran

Thanks for getting in touch. Support for the few J-Series TVs that run SmartHub is quite limited as they are a little rare. Most run Tizan now. I've seen a screenshot of the text colour changing in Settings on J-Series. I'm afraid I am unable to replicate that issue as the latest SmartHub emulator is based on the 2014 spec. I can try adding a specific text colour statement on the Settings page and you can feedback if you like.

1.0.0e is no longer available for download, so whatever your TV is doing it is not downloading it again. It must be failing to delete or replace the old one. Try again to delete it. Did you do any firmware upgrade? 

The issue of the whole screen scrolling is something I can normal replicate and fix. If you can please give me click by click instructions to replicate the issue I'll take a look.

Many thanks.

Hi @@syran

Thanks for getting in touch. Support for the few J-Series TVs that run SmartHub is quite limited as they are a little rare. Most run Tizan now. I've seen a screenshot of the text colour changing in Settings on J-Series. I'm afraid I am unable to replicate that issue as the latest SmartHub emulator is based on the 2014 spec. I can try adding a specific text colour statement on the Settings page and you can feedback if you like.

1.0.0e is no longer available for download, so whatever your TV is doing it is not downloading it again. It must be failing to delete or replace the old one. Try again to delete it. Did you do any firmware upgrade? 

The issue of the whole screen scrolling is something I can normal replicate and fix. If you can please give me click by click instructions to replicate the issue I'll take a look.

Many thanks.

I deleted the app twice and reinstalled using the IP you wrote in post #1, but it doesn't update. 

For the text I would be glad to help you finding a solution, just tell me what to do =) About the scrolling thing, it randomly happens, I don't know the cause of that, and how to replicate it, but if I find a way I'll tell you ASAP. 

I just noticed something, on top of the main page, the are TV, Movies, Collections and Media folders sections, but I created an Animation section (shown in the media folders) but in the top list is merged with the movies section, while in "media folders" view I have Movies, TV, Animation with their dynamic thumb created by the server, but collections doesn't have it

Here are some pics of how it is:

post-7218-0-94310900-1446736918_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-18508700-1446736966_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-64557100-1446737006_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-93529500-1446737051_thumb.jpg

post-7218-0-15346400-1446737093_thumb.jpg

FrostByte

I didn't think the box highlighting for movies was done until ".g", your pics seem to be from the latest release.  If it still says e, then maybe try try turning your tv off/on

Edited by FrostByte

@@cmcg, there is an issue that crept into version 1.0.0e.  

I have a user configured, and the only library they have access to has type "Unset (mixed content)"

Within this library are two folders.  In the Metadata Manager, one folder is defined as type TV, the other as Movies.

It appears that in the routines Server.getTvFolderId, the CollectionType of this folder is returned as "undefined".

The result is that the TV menu options don't get enabled as there never is a CollectionType of "tvshows" for Unset folders.

It may be necessary in this case to go one level deeper to determine if that folder contains a CollectionType=="tvshows".

I think the problem then becomes that the next level down has type Folder and not Collection, so this will never work.

It may be necessary to find another way to determine if any TV Series exist.  

Maybe just query for count > 0 with IncludeItemTypes=Series&Recursive=true&Limit=0

Edited by SamES

It's still problematic. I fell into that trap when I added Home Movies. You can't assume the collection exists just by querying for the media type as the media could be in a different folder. In my case I have a couple of camera phone movie clips in a photo folder so the Home Movies menu item was being added when no collection existed.