Breeze theme is now in both stores...

leedavies

I will be trying this out too  ...from the two previous themes the bar is quite high already  ;) I'm wondering @@leedavies will there be a day where if you have all 3 themes you could pick ehs from crystal.. coverflow from roc... thumbs from breeze... like a cross plugin set of options?  :huh:

• Like 1

leedavies

I will be trying this out too  ...from the two previous themes the bar is quite high already  ;) I'm wondering @@leedavies will there be a day where if you have all 3 themes you could pick ehs from crystal.. coverflow from roc... thumbs from breeze... like a cross plugin set of options?  :huh:

Thank you for the high praise.  Please do post if you think the bar has moved in either direction after you try out Breeze.

All 3 themes are built on a shared platform I've evolved over time.  So will there ever be a day you can pick views individually from any of my themes and do a pick-n-mix......  yes.

• Like 3

leedavies

I can't see it in my MBC Configurator.

Make sure you are running the latest MBC.  The way plugin uploads are handled by the MB3 administration tools allow a plugin to state what minimum version of MBC is required to use the plugin.  This defaults to the latest version of MBC and we developers can edit it before uploading.  But there are frequent releases of MBC and if you run the Configurator before you run MBC and it tells you there's an update, you can't see the plugin.

I believe you should see all plugins in the Configurator - even if your MBC version is too old to install some of them.  A simple message that you need to update your MBC to version x.y to install this plugin would be a very minor change code-wise but a big improvement to what is currently a very confusing situation for the user.  

@@ebr can this experience be improved?

Thanks.

GrotShot

Make sure you are running the latest MBC.  The way plugin uploads are handled by the MB3 administration tools allow a plugin to state what minimum version of MBC is required to use the plugin.  This defaults to the latest version of MBC and we developers can edit it before uploading.  But there are frequent releases of MBC and if you run the Configurator before you run MBC and it tells you there's an update, you can't see the plugin.

I believe you should see all plugins in the Configurator - even if your MBC version is too old to install some of them.  A simple message that you need to update your MBC to version x.y to install this plugin would be a very minor change code-wise but a big improvement to what is currently a very confusing situation for the user.  

Thanks.

Lee - left it a few hours and it's now made an appearance in the configurator. I'll give it a look but hoping that outstanding issues in ROC & Crystal can be looked at too.

• Like 1

leedavies

Lee - left it a few hours and it's now made an appearance in the configurator. I'll give it a look but hoping that outstanding issues in ROC & Crystal can be looked at too.

I have 3 current themes and they will all continue to be supported.

• Like 2

Thanks.

That's how it used to work in the MB2 world and we had people constantly asking why they couldn't install a certain plug-in when it was listed there.  There was a message right there on the screen telling them why but they still couldn't figure it out.

So, we've taken a safer approach this time.

moviefan

Hi Lee.  Thanks for your work.

I just have one question ... will you ever add a resume button to the item's play menus?

Maybe I missed it, but I donated for both ROC and Crystal a couple weeks ago just to support MB, and after downloading them to try them out couldn't find a way to do resume so reverted back to my old theme that supports to be able to support resume once again.

Is this possible in the current theme and I just didn't see it or was it intentionally left out?  If left out, will you be adding at some point?

Thanks.

leedavies

Hi Lee. Thanks for your work.

I just have one question ... will you ever add a resume button to the item's play menus?

Maybe I missed it, but I donated for both ROC and Crystal a couple weeks ago just to support MB, and after downloading them to try them out couldn't find a way to do resume so reverted back to my old theme that supports to be able to support resume once again.

Is this possible in the current theme and I just didn't see it or was it intentionally left out? If left out, will you be adding at some point?

Thanks.

A resume button appears next to the play button on the movie details page in all 3 of my themes.

moviefan

A resume button appears next to the play button on the movie details page in all 3 of my themes.

When I look at the image shown in this thread for "The Worlds end" which is the only detail shot, I see rewind, play, fast forward, refresh, and delete as options.

Where is the resume button located?

leedavies

When I look at the image shown in this thread for "The Worlds end" which is the only detail shot, I see rewind, play, fast forward, refresh, and delete as options.

Where is the resume button located?

I've updated the movie details page screenshot on the Breeze plugin description page to show the resume button:

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/2721-breeze-theme-for-mbc/

You should see the resume button to the left of the play button if you are midway through playing an item.  I believe MB has min/max times you need to be within before an item is considered resumeable (e.g. more than 5 mins into the item and more than 5 mins left to play etc).

If you start an item playing, skip ahead to around half-way through the item and then go back to the movie details page, do you see the resume button as shown in the updated screenshot?

• Like 1

Lee just having a go with the trial version and its very nice looking :)

The only fault I can see is that when the disk art rolls in the highlight under the disc is ahead of the disk art and then when the disc has rolled out it stays out of alignment, but if I minimise MBC then go back into it its in line.

Oh no!

Another great theme to choose from! I was all settled in with ROC and had even decided to pass on Crystal, but Breeze looks like I must try it out!

:-)

• Like 1

Hi @@leedavies downloaded the trial ...really impressed with the speed and the clear art & logo frames are a great addition too but in the EHS at the resolutions i've tried (1024x768)/ (3D) & (1080)/ (3D) W8.1 //7850 Radeon Gpu the main screen is squashed up unlike your clean looking pic above ...no errors or anything works fine other than that. 52a32ac9a5a25_breeze.jpg

leedavies

Hi @@leedavies downloaded the trial ...really impressed with the speed and the clear art & logo frames are a great addition too but in the EHS at the resolutions i've tried (1024x768)/ (3D) & (1080)/ (3D) W8.1 //7850 Radeon Gpu the main screen is squashed up unlike your clean looking pic above ...no errors or anything works fine other than that. 52a32ac9a5a25_breeze.jpg

Whoops, my bad, not tested in non-widescreen resolutions, you're quite right.

Sorting that in the next release.

hotshot79

WOW - Let me first say that the speed of this theme is VERY IMPRESSIVE.  It is a clean smooth theme that looks fantastic.  I really can't believe how fast this is!  The design is modern, with great transparencies and is very pretty to look at (I love coverflow).  It's simple layout makes it a great theme to use for everyone in the house, and the EHS layout and look is very slick.

Lee, you've outdone yourself with this theme, I'm very impressed and can honestly say after using this theme for a few days it is one of my new favorites.  (My other is Crystal!)  Your creativity is really coming to life with your last three theme and can say without a doubt you are my new favorite MB theme designer!  Please keep it up!!  and thanks for another great theme!!!  Worth every penny!!!

• Like 2

leedavies

WOW - Let me first say that the speed of this theme is VERY IMPRESSIVE.  It is a clean smooth theme that looks fantastic.  I really can't believe how fast this is!  The design is modern, with great transparencies and is very pretty to look at (I love coverflow).  It's simple layout makes it a great theme to use for everyone in the house, and the EHS layout and look is very slick.

Lee, you've outdone yourself with this theme, I'm very impressed and can honestly say after using this theme for a few days it is one of my new favorites.  (My other is Crystal!)  Your creativity is really coming to life with your last three theme and can say without a doubt you are my new favorite MB theme designer!  Please keep it up!!  and thanks for another great theme!!!  Worth every penny!!!

Wow, thanks for the feedback.  

There are updated versions of all 3 themes coming out shortly with a few more performance enhancements and, as requested in these forums, options to turn off ClearLOGO/ClearArt/DiscART if some users in your home don't want them.

Oh, and finally a fix for the living backdrops "jumping" to the final frame of the animation.  Now the backdrop animations are silky smooth in all 3 themes.  :-)

• Like 2