ServerWMC - Deleted all WMC recordings ?

vaise

AtomicCEO

Ok.  Stopped the server, backed up the data folder, Started the server again and activated auto-update to dev builds.  Installed 3.0.5786.34020 and restarted the server.

Opened the localhost web interface for Emby... Recorded TV -> All recordings...

Delete an episode of Scream Queens at 8:05pm:  Success, and my other recordings are still there.

Tried again with This Old House, also Success, other recordings are still there.

Switched over to the Android TV Emby App and deleted another This Old House episode... also Success, and other recordings are still there.

I think that's fixed it, at least in my environment.  Thanks Luke! 

Need the logs?  Or is being unable to reproduce again enough?

Edited by AtomicCEO
  • Like 1

CovertJaguar

I've seen this even with the built in Emby TV DVR, its not isolated to ServerWMC. The first time I saw it was with ServerWMC, but then I switched to the built in backend and it still happened. Good to see that a fix is in the pipeline. I was about ready to give up on PC DVR entirely. And my other users were even less pleased...

Edited by CovertJaguar

krustyreturns

I hope that's the case, because I got the impression this bug only effected external pvr backends.

JeremyFr79

I hope this is ok to post, but for those of you have had this happened, I used http://www.r-studio.com/ to recover all my data.  The key is to make sure you're stop writing new data back to the drive while doing the recovery.  You have to recover to a different drive (for obvious reasons) but you can get your data back with "little" effort!  This software has saved my ass several several times.  Even rebuild's off broken or lost RAIDS.  hope this helps!

This EXACT behavior has now happened to me TWICE in the past week.  The first time, I lost over 150 recordings.  Now, starting with a fresh Recorded TV Folder, I again just lost 5 recordings.  The exact moment was when I pressed OK (Roku) to play a recording, it took a bunch of time to load so I hit the back button to back out of Emby, then selected Emby again and there were "no recordings found". 

On my PC, all files in the Users\Public\Recorded TV folder are gone and irretrievable, even through undelete software.

Using Windows 8.1, Roku 3, ServerWMC, Emby Version 3.0.5781.0

Yikes!

Edited by DNeuwir

JeremyFr79

This EXACT behavior has now happened to me TWICE in the past week.  The first time, I lost over 150 recordings.  Now, starting with a fresh Recorded TV Folder, I again just lost 5 recordings.  The exact moment was when I pressed OK (Roku) to play a recording, it took a bunch of time to load so I hit the back button to back out of Emby, then selected Emby again and there were "no recordings found". 

On my PC, all files in the Users\Public\Recorded TV folder are gone and irretrievable, even through undelete software.

Using Windows 8.1, Roku 3, ServerWMC, Emby Version 3.0.5781.0

Yikes!

You need better recovery software then, trust me the data is there.  Try using the one i recommended, I've never had any problem finding lost data using it.

mjktg99

This EXACT behavior has now happened to me TWICE in the past week. The first time, I lost over 150 recordings. Now, starting with a fresh Recorded TV Folder, I again just lost 5 recordings. The exact moment was when I pressed OK (Roku) to play a recording, it took a bunch of time to load so I hit the back button to back out of Emby, then selected Emby again and there were "no recordings found".

So are we at a point where even attempting to play a file is causing them to all be deleted? I have not had this issue but I use emby for Roku for watching my recorded tv. They are however in a different folder because I re-encode and remove commercials. Could not being in the default recorded tv folder be saving me?

krustyreturns

@@DNeuwir

Do you have the serverwmc log file and emby log file from when this mass deletion happened?  Also, can you reproduce it with some test recordings?