360 MKV Support???

Zero_Kool

Zero_Kool

Setup:   Windows x64 Enterprise box to Xbox 360 w/ MB3 classic plugin for Windows Media Center. 

Q: Most of my HD content is in .(mkv) format and it seems to not stream very well. I have seen where certain post-processing scripts can be put into play to convert to .mp4 and etc. But since the 360 native doesn't support makrosta? How can I make this better? 

Edited your title to be more precise as this is a 360-specific issue.

Most of the advice I've seen is to not use mkv for 360 playback unfortunately.

Zero_Kool

Edited your title to be more precise as this is a 360-specific issue.

Most of the advice I've seen is to not use mkv for 360 playback unfortunately.

Agreed, I was thinking of adding a custom script to convert .mkv to .mp4 in post-processing of files. I wasn't sure if a transcode option could be implemented into MB3 similar to Plex with DLNA support.....

Honestly, the 360 as an extender is a very old solution at this point and I don't know that we'll be devoting much dev time specifically to its issues.  Especially if they can be worked around in some manner.  Sorry.

Zero_Kool

If you want a low cost extender type thing, I'd look into a Roku.

Yup, with ya there, already setup a Roku in the other room - was looking at many options.. I have already done apple 1 - xbmc - sold it. Then, looked at Rasberry Pi, cost, at least intel will have Galileo soon.

*Just didn't want to buy another Roku where my 360 (running Xk3y) is my extender in the main room. Just been looking at options. Now I am thinking a custom .py script to integrate with SB and CP or Plex for that TV but not sure about there metadata support on the 360.