Nexus Player with Ethernet Connection

slanger

I just recently got an OTG cable to USB Hub with Ethernet port. I've had the Nexus player hooked up to my network via ethernet for the past few days, and everything worked great. Until I tried to use emby just a little while ago. I kept being sent to the enter pin screen, which I would enter. Then on the server select screen it would say "This is taking longer than expected" followed by "server unavailable" I tried it on my phone and on my roku's and all worked with out a hitch. After clearing the cache, uninstalling/installing I realized the only thing that's changed was the way the nexus player was connected to my network. I unplugged it, and it works again. So I browse the movie I want to watch and plug the ethernet back in and it gives me a "volley error" So is there something I can do on my end for it to work with the ethernet connection or is that something that emby has to support?

dingtech

Emby works fine on my Nexus Player with ethernet connection. Are you sure your ethernet and wifi connection are on the same local subnet?

• Like 1

The symptoms mean that the NP cannot find your server on that connection. Ā dingtech is probably on the correct path.

• Like 1