Missing a menu option?

the-dumb1

the-dumb1

I am running Emby Version 3.0.5768.7 on Ubuntu.  I used to have a menu option which listed the "People" in all my videos.  This option has disappeared within the last week or two and is no longer visible to me.  I used that option quite frequently .... Is it gone now?

post-13871-0-53637000-1446218746_thumb.jpg

Thanks!

post-13871-0-53637000-1446218746_thumb.jpg

for the time being although it has a good chance of returning as a global people section. for many people it's just been too slow so it had to be removed until it can be improved

the-dumb1

Thanks for always responding so quickly, Luke.  Truly legendary.  Looking forward for that feature to come back.

• 1 month later...
the-dumb1

for the time being although it has a good chance of returning as a global people section. for many people it's just been too slow so it had to be removed until it can be improved

Hey Luke,

Has the code for this been removed completely, or is it just commented out?  I don't even know where to look for it, but would like to have it back in lieu of official support for it.  I do have programming skills, just would like to have an idea of where to look before I go diving into it.

it's gone because if/when it comes back it will be located in a different area. you can find it in source history though.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
the-dumb1

Hate to sound like a broken record, but Kodi implements this (I just checked it right now in a virtual machine).  I'd prefer not to have to install another application just to get this feature--and I've given up on trying to implement it myself.  The feature existed before ... please please please bring it back.