Naming convention for mini-series?

gerry.emm
Go to solution Solved by Olywa123,

gerry.emm

I have a few mini-seriess I am unable to get to display properly. Examples are Band of Brothers and The Pacific. I put the episodes in a sub-folder named Season 0 and named the individual episodes "The Pacific S00E01", "The Pacific S00E02", etc. thinking the individual series would scrape properly. The artwork is downloaded properly but the individual episodes have no descriptions or anything. Is there a specific naming convention for the episodes names that

I don't know about? Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

• Solution
Olywa123

Assuming this is the 10-part mini-series from 2010 you should have them set up like this:

--The Pacific (2010)

--Season 1

--The Pacific S01E01.mp4 

--The Pacific S01E02.mp4 

--The Pacific S01E03.mp4 

--etc. (mp4 used as an example)

Miniseries are treated like any other TV series.

Season 0 (or 'specials') is for extras/special episodes outside of the main series (i.e. making of documentaries, holiday specials)

Hope it helps

Edited by Olywa123
  • Like 4

If it helps, go to http://thetvdb.com and search for the show. Then just look under seasons to see how the have the seasons set up. I think this is where Emby gets the metadata from anyway so it should help get things set up right. Here is the link to the page for Band of Brothers http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=74205

• Like 1

Do what Olywa says except they don't have to be in a Season folder if you don't want.  Just make sure they are designated as S01.

• 6 years later...
AmericanCrisis
On 10/29/2015 at 6:49 PM, Olywa123 said:

Assuming this is the 10-part mini-series from 2010 you should have them set up like this:

--The Pacific (2010)

--Season 1

--The Pacific S01E01.mp4 

--The Pacific S01E02.mp4 

--The Pacific S01E03.mp4 

--etc. (mp4 used as an example)

Miniseries are treated like any other TV series.

Season 0 (or 'specials') is for extras/special episodes outside of the main series (i.e. making of documentaries, holiday specials)

Hope it helps

Quick question for specials. I'm organizing Band of Brothers. For specials do I create a folder called, "Season 0" and then name the special just how it appears on TVDB? So one of them would be, "SPECIAL 0x1"?

Happy2Play
7 minutes ago, AmericanCrisis said:

Quick question for specials. I'm organizing Band of Brothers. For specials do I create a folder called, "Season 0" and then name the special just how it appears on TVDB? So one of them would be, "SPECIAL 0x1"?

Correct

Band of Brothers - Aired Order - Specials - TheTVDB.com

If you have ones that do not exit on provider you would make up a number higher then the provider site has.  Some use 0X100/S00E100 or 0X1000/S00E1000.

• Like 1