Apple TV app?

Killervette

yes it is planned. development is active right now building up our api libraries in swift for use in the app.

• Like 7

Just wondering, will the Apple TV Emby Client include Live TV Guide/Live etc.?

Plex Released their Apple TV App today...it's nice but a little ruff around the edges...I don't mind waiting for a better App (and paying) however just wondering how long the wait will be? 

We keep getting told that 'soon' the iOS App will be released...this soon as been getting dished up for about 8 months now....

Thank for all the effort....would really like a Pass system so you had more budget to allocated resources...

-SM

• Like 2

Dibbes

Thanks, that's great news... Is there anything known about milestones or timeframe in this project?

I´d really love to know as well... I´d love to get rid of the bulky mediacenter in my living room...

deepseth

Just wondering, will the Apple TV Emby Client include Live TV Guide/Live etc.?

Plex Released their Apple TV App today...it's nice but a little ruff around the edges...I don't mind waiting for a better App (and paying) however just wondering how long the wait will be? 

We keep getting told that 'soon' the iOS App will be released...this soon as been getting dished up for about 8 months now....

Thank for all the effort....would really like a Pass system so you had more budget to allocated resources...

-SM

Purchase an Emby Premiere account today! https://emby.media/premiere/

Same model as Plex Pass, similar pricing to what they had originally too.

Deepseth...I have already purchased a premiere account a long time ago to put my money where my mouth is and support Emby...I was referring to paying additional to purchase the Apple TV app....what I mean is paying a higher fee per month so more resources can be allocated and in return early access to said new features/app.

-SM

post-1126-0-90441800-1447416308_thumb.jpg

deepseth

Ah, I must have misunderstood 'a Pass system', apologies.

You could always sign up for a second account and get premiere on that! :)

breezytm

Lol you guys are asking for information that you will never get. I guess, just be patient and wait. Even if it's a year from now. I left Plex after being a rockstar for many years in their forum because I didn't like the direction the dev team was going. There were little to no communications with the community. When I found Emby I was amazed how everyone was like a team on here. I asked for a feature request and a day later I received it. I would hit @@ebr up about something not looking right in WMC client and he'll look into it right away. That motivated me into becoming a lifetime supporter. I must say now things are slowly changing on here. 

One thing I wished Emby would allow is better testers. I know you guys have some but in a larger scale. At least people could get their hangs on things, report bugs and ask for features they would like to see, etc...

The app owner "channels" from "getchannels.com" realeased and amazing app for hdhomerun devices in 2 months for the apple tv. The feature requests and bug fixes release turnarounds were in hours. Now its app is lovely and almost running issue free for most. How did they manage to do that? By releasing it in beta early and allowed the community to test it and report back. 

As an emby premiere user, I would like to be able to beta test applications. 

• Like 2

im85288

Lol you guys are asking for information that you will never get. I guess, just be patient and wait. Even if it's a year from now. I left Plex after being a rockstar for many years in their forum because I didn't like the direction the dev team was going. There were little to no communications with the community. When I found Emby I was amazed how everyone was like a team on here. I asked for a feature request and a day later I received it. I would hit @@ebr up about something not looking right in WMC client and he'll look into it right away. That motivated me into becoming a lifetime supporter. I must say now things are slowly changing on here. 

One thing I wished Emby would allow is better testers. I know you guys have some but in a larger scale. At least people could get their hangs on things, report bugs and ask for features they would like to see, etc...

The app owner "channels" from "getchannels.com" realeased and amazing app for hdhomerun devices in 2 months for the apple tv. The feature requests and bug fixes release turnarounds were in hours. Now its app is lovely and almost running issue free for most. How did they manage to do that? By releasing it in beta early and allowed the community to test it and report back. 

As an emby premiere user, I would like to be able to beta test applications.

Some good points there, what I would say is it depends on the client your using. The Emby for Kodi app is something a few of us put together (none of us are part of the Emby core team) and although I am biased, for something we offer for free and support in our own free time I don't think you can get better support.

The point about getting earlier access to core apps as an Emby premiere member has been discussed and I'll leave that for a core member to address.

• Like 1

Everything we do is fully open, with the one single exception being the new emby theater app and that is only temporary. Apple TV is in development but there's nothing to test as of yet. As soon as we have something it will be made available.

The only reason for keeping Emby Theater under wraps is so that we can control what information gets made public and when that happens. This is only temporary and it's getting close to beta-caliber, and then we will be following the model you're suggesting. One thing you have to realize is that a lot of people don't understand what beta means or what pre-release means, or alpha, etc. They download, they have a problem, and then they need help. So we have to be sure that we're ready and capable to actually provide that help, which will pull us away from development activities. So all of these are factors that come into play.

But luckily, it is starting to get closer to being ready of putting something out there (emby theater i mean).

Keep in mind all of our android apps make use of the play store open beta feature, so hopefully your comments have taken that into consideration, or if you weren't aware of that, now you are.

• Like 2

deepseth

Luke speaks The Truth. After months I finally had someone point out to me that the Emby.Mobile cordova based app included the iOS app. It might have taken me 2 days to work out how to compile it, but it was all there, waiting for me to get my thumb out and compile it (and it looked good!).

• 2 weeks later...

yes it is planned. development is active right now building up our api libraries in swift for use in the app.

Just an Idea...couldn't you guys use this: https://github.com/MrMC/mrmc (Its a port and stripped down version of Kodi for the Apple TV)

Then just add a great Skin and adapt the existing Addon on it.

It is that I just can't wait to use my Apple TV with Emby together. :D

• 2 weeks later...
venom986

Luke, do you guys still need developers for tvOS? I'm only just getting my feet wet with swift but have an awful lot of languages under the belt and would love to help get this out and feature rich asap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b0dyr0ck2006

Seems the tvos app is falling by the wayside. The Apple TV is being populated on a daily basis with new 'server streaming' clients that all work wonderfully. The longer this takes to be ported over the more potential customers you will lose. It's a shame as you have built up an amazing product but the delays in the various branches are actually creating your own rod for your backs

Cheesegeezer

Seems the tvos app is falling by the wayside. The Apple TV is being populated on a daily basis with new 'server streaming' clients that all work wonderfully. The longer this takes to be ported over the more potential customers you will lose. It's a shame as you have built up an amazing product but the delays in the various branches are actually creating your own rod for your backs

Looks like @@venom986 might be taking this one on for those with ATV 4 gen.  Hopefully he can keep you all upto date.

• Like 2

It isn't falling anywhere.  It is just getting started.

Building quality apps for a system like Emby simply isn't done in a weekend.