Name / Password not working on Firestick Only

SurfSwitch

SurfSwitch

And to add to that, I didn't do anything at all differently when I gave you access. I just sent you the invite for a guest account and did nothing else. 

GeoBlank

So I noticed that when I try to connect via IP on my normal PC via a web browser the UI that loads looks like the firestick and I am not able to log in.  Same exact message.

However when I start at App.Emby.Media I can log in and it works perfectly.

Does the firestick load the app in such a way it is assuming the client is a server owner also?

Okay, what that may mean is there is a problem with this particular login scenario when the user is hidden from the login screen.

Even more interesting, it shows them as me. It doesn't show him logged on using the Firestick, but shows as me. 

Well, that is going to be a problem because that means they are screwing up your resume points and watched data...

So while I can access the server using surfswitch's account, choosing my account from the user screen still says invalid user id/password.

Okay, I have an idea.

If you guys use app.emby.media does it show you more than one copy of SurfSwitch's server?

SurfSwitch

I'm not too worried about it since security with my users isn't much of a concern, but it is a weird bug. I have a friend with a Samsung TV who is also seeing the same thing. If I go to Manage My Server it looks like I'm streaming 3 different things right now.