Name / Password not working on Firestick Only

SurfSwitch

SurfSwitch

I have 2 friends who stream from my server on various devices, but neither can log in via Firestick. Every other device works just fine, but they get invalid username/password errors when connecting via Firestick even after resetting passwords. Any ideas? 

Try clearing data for the app on the device.

I'm one of the people having this issue.  I have cleared data & cache twice.  Same result.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app as well.

When I first install the Fire TV app - I get a screen telling me to go to http://emby.media/pin and enter the pin.  When I go in my browser to enter the PIN, the page says "PIN Confirmed".  On the Fire TV app, I click next.  After a few moments, the screen shows "select a user" with no users, and two choices, "enter manually" and "login with connect".  I've tried to perform both options and get the same result of "invalid user id or password"

When I first install the Fire TV app - I get a screen telling me to go to http://emby.media/pin and enter the pin.  When I go in my browser to enter the PIN, the page says "PIN Confirmed".  On the Fire TV app, I click next.  After a few moments, the screen shows "select a user" with no users, and two choices, "enter manually" and "login with connect".  I've tried to perform both options and get the same result of "invalid user id or password"

Okay, that's just not right.  You should not be seeing any sort of user screen there.

Can you be sure that the link to your account is setup properly?  Have the server owner remove you and re-add you and be sure you use the accept link in the email you receive when he does that.

Done and done.  Same behavior.

Okay, that's just not right.  You should not be seeing any sort of user screen there.

Can you be sure that the link to your account is setup properly?  Have the server owner remove you and re-add you and be sure you use the accept link in the email you receive when he does that.

Well, I'm a bit lost as I got right in (after a bit of a pause to load).

Do you see any "Please wait..." message or any other messages during the process?

SurfSwitch

Thanks for looking. He's the second person who has told me the same thing as well. I have another user with the exact same problem. 

Well, I'm a bit lost as I got right in (after a bit of a pause to load).

Do you see any "Please wait..." message or any other messages during the process?

So I will start over and try it again.  Here's step by step: 

I cleared data

Launched App

I see "Sign in with Connect", says enter the pin at http://emby.media/pin

From my windows PC using IE11, I browse to http://emby.media/pin and enter my user name "letus", my password, and the pin from the fire tv app, click submit, I get a pin confirmed message.

On the Fire TV, I click Next.  I see "Loading..." and a loading circle.

After a moment I get "Select a user" with no users, and "other options" of "Enter Manually" and "Login with Connect"

Have I done anything incorrect here?

"Loading..." and the circle should have actually been before you got to the login with connect page.

After hitting "Next" on that screen you may see a box pop up that says "This is taking a little longer than expected, please wait..." though.

Also, watch closely when the blank user screen pops up or even before it.  Do any messages fade in near the bottom of the screen?  Anything that might say "Volley Error..." or something like that?

I confirm that the steps and observations in the last post are exactly how it happened, and I tried it again looking for the items you list here.

No pop up box, and no messages at the bottom of the screen.

If I try to hit next on the connect screen with out actually entering the PIN into the webpage, I do get a message at the bottom that says the pin must be entered at mediabrowser.tv/pin.

"Loading..." and the circle should have actually been before you got to the login with connect page.

After hitting "Next" on that screen you may see a box pop up that says "This is taking a little longer than expected, please wait..." though.

Also, watch closely when the blank user screen pops up or even before it.  Do any messages fade in near the bottom of the screen?  Anything that might say "Volley Error..." or something like that?

I checked the version of Emby on the Fire TV, my version is 1.1.05a which appears like it may be out of date.

I see from another post that the most current version is supposed to be:

Amazon Fire TV
Public: v1.1.20a
Beta: v1.1.20a

I checked the version of Emby on the Fire TV, my version is 1.1.05a which appears like it may be out of date.

I see from another post that the most current version is supposed to be:

Amazon Fire TV

Public: v1.1.20a

Beta: v1.1.20a

That just went out last night and I don't think it will have an effect on your issue but you can try when you get it.

Something has to be going wrong with the connection to the server/user but I don't know what and you can't get into the app to give me a log.

What happens if you use the "Manual Entry" option to enter the server address?

SurfSwitch

We tried that yesterday with the same result unfortunately. It's especially strange that it's ONLY the Firestick. Every other device works fine. Is there a firewall setting on their side that could affect it somehow that would be specific to the Firestick? Might have to pull out WireShark or something on this. 

GeoBlank

I have the exact same problem and have tried manual, connect, pin, adding server IP.

The other odd behavior is I see other user accounts on the screen that it looks like I should be able to choose from..... but every action says invalid username or password.

I am available to try and steps needed.

Do you think it would make sense if I had my own Emby server on my local network and tried to connect to it first? 

If there are any further troubleshooting or investigation steps which can be taken, please let me know, and I'm willing to do what I can.