Mediaportal Plugin, EPG, and Timezone

leetxjd

First - a shout-out and thanks to the developers of this plugin puenktchen and ChubbyArse (and anyone else I may have mistakenly omitted).

I am having an issue where the EPG is displaying shows/series about 4 hours off from their schedule for my timezone (U.S. Central Time).

I have searched generally for a solution, but I have not found it. Am I missing a setting somewhere for timezones?

The Mediaportal guide displays correctly in Mediaportal. When I access the guide on emby (and the plugin) the times are off.

-leetxjd

pünktchen

I'm out of town until Saturday, so can't look at this right now. I will post some instructions when i'm back at home.

pünktchen

I just had a quick look at the code of the plugin. It takes the times as they come from MPExtended (normally local time).

So the problem must be somewhere else. As a quick test put this into a browser on your MPExtended/TVServer machine:

http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetChannelsDetailed

Are the program times correct there?

Yes, the times appear correct in the channels detail.  In addition, the times are correct in the WebMediaPortal guide (in browser and android app) and the Mediaportal guide on the machine hosting Mediaportal.

The Emby guide and Mediaportal guide is 5 hours off (meaning Emby is displaying shows that are 5 hours later).

That is the exact difference between Central Time (where I am) and GMT. 

Also, it may not be your plug in at all. 

I have continuing to undertake searches and there is some mention (in older posts) that this is a problem in Emby itself, but I haven't found a fix for it.  I certainly don't know/cant find a setting for GMT.

Any ideas?

-LeeTXJD

I just had a quick look at the code of the plugin. It takes the times as they come from MPExtended (normally local time).

So the problem must be somewhere else. As a quick test put this into a browser on your MPExtended/TVServer machine:

http://127.0.0.1:4322/MPExtended/TVAccessService/json/GetChannelsDetailed

Are the program times correct there?

make sure all your DateTimes are in UTC and have the Kind property set to UTC

pünktchen

make sure all your DateTimes are in UTC and have the Kind property set to UTC

From plugin side there is nothing i can do. I'm UTC +1 and all is okay for me. Also there was a US plugin user with some other problems recently - he didn't complain about timezones.

pünktchen

Yes, the times appear correct in the channels detail.

Are you sure? Can you post it please! For me it is
"StartTime":"\/Date(1446318900000+0100)\/"
for example.

Look at +0100 - it means UTC +1 hour.

Edited by pünktchen

Are you sure? Can you post it please! For me it is "StartTime":"\/Date(1446318900000+0100)\/" for example.

Look at +0100 - it means UTC +1 hour.

This is how my entries read:

"\/Date(1446326700000-0500)

That is correct for Central Time.

pünktchen

This is how my entries read:

"\/Date(1446326700000-0500)
That is correct for Central Time.
That is correct! A dumb question - have you checked your Windows timezone?

pünktchen

Just checked windows timezone - it is correct. I am going to see if there is a freenas setting for timezone.

That's it! Test the url i'v given you on your NAS. Of course with the ip of your Windows machine instead of 127.0.0.1.

You will see it's not correct!

Okay you where faster than me. Nevertheless just try it anyway.

Edited by pünktchen

@@Luke

Maybe a problem with Emby for FreeNAS to use the correct timezone?

That is what I thought.  I reset FreeNAS to GMT.   I rebooted FreeNAS and then refreshed the guide.  The guide is still incorrect.  It has to be something on the server side. I'll tolerate and see if the next update works.

-LeeTXJD

Edited by leetxjd
  • Like 1