FR - Server - Link Movies and Their Soundtracks if both Availible

Cerothen

Cerothen

I was updating meta data for some of my soundtracks today in Emby and thought it might be interesting if provided a link between the soundtrack and the movie where if you were looking at one you could quickly click to go to the other. I don't know if the current structure would facilitate this seeing as even the metadata for people is separated when it comes to music and movies/series:

56311f8767654_Capture.png

Its not really a priority item or anything just thought it would be something that could be neat for people that typically keep both the album and the movie (and it might raise the awareness for users of the system that the content is available, say if they just watched interstellar and said "Wow I liked that music quite a bit", oh look the movie soundtrack is already in here).

• Like 12

We actually had that about a year ago but it produced some issues and we haven't brought it back yet.

Cerothen

@@ebr

Thanks for the update. If it was once there hopefully we can see it again one day however it shouldn't be to much of a priority it would just be one of those nice little things.

As always thanks for the effort on the great media server.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Dibbes

Add both the movie and the album to a collection.

I tried this for a few days and this isn't it... it kind of defeats the purpose of having a movies library...

I'm only looking for a OST play button on the movie page when an OST folder is present, nothing more difficult...

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
MBSki
On 9/28/2018 at 11:27 PM, Luke said:

Add both the movie and the album to a collection.

This would work except the movies and albums aren't grouped by media type anymore. Allow a view to group the media types so we can see Movies separate from TV Shows and separate from Music and collections would work for this FR, at least for me. 

Louis93

Maybe it could work if there would be an entry field for either an IMDB id and/or TheMovieDb Id in the album metadata, and a MusicBrainz Id and/or TheAudioDb Id in the film metadata? That way they might get linked? Or maybe setting up an entry field for custom id (or link id if you will), which the user can use to link different things from different libraries together by putting the same custom id in the metadata? Just thinking out loud here, might sound stupid ;)

• Agree 1