Emby Kodi Icon Crash

joelang6126
Go to solution Solved by joelang6126,

joelang6126

I'm really liking this new integration and I'm hoping to replace my current MySQL set up. Having a small issue with Emby for Kodi. I was using Kodi 14.2 with Emby and DVBLink addon.

For the most part Emby works beautifully. After using Kodis Live TV section and playing streams (using DVBLink addon) if I return to the Library side of Kodi (Movies,TV Shows) it will behave as normaly until I play something then suddenly none of the icons show anymore in Movies or TV Shows. The media still plays as normal but I've lost all the artwork until i restart Kodi. I tried upgrading Kodi to 15.2 to try and solve the issue however it still remains.

Log link attached, can somebody shed some light on this as I'm eager to pt this into full deployment.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3cwNs8VG0IeQURtVzdTR2hkWUk/view?usp=sharing

im85288

I would suggest trying to use Kodi 15 as Kodi 14 support is now dwindling.

The only thing that stands out in your logs is the following:

15:00:19 T:59160   ERROR: PVR - Add-on 'DVBLink PVR Client' is using an incompatible API version. XBMC minimum API version = '1.9.6', add-on API version '1.9.2'

So maybe updating the dvblink addon will resolve the issues your experiencing.

joelang6126

Okay so I've updated the DVBLink addon and using Kodi 15.2. I've now also enabled the Emby debug option. I'm still seeing the same behavior going back to Emby Library from Live TV causes all the work icons to disappear. Also KODI hangs when closing down.

New Log

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3cwNs8VG0IecnM5c3hwVDZPMG8/view?usp=sharing

im85288

Again I do not see anything obvious or can think of anything that would make this happen.

A few things to try to try and isolate where exactly things are going wrong are:

1. Try a different skin (always best to use confluence for assuring it is not a skin problem)

2. Try a different Live TV service (yes I know this is not simple, but for testing purposes can you disable dvblink and activate the pvr demo addon  in kodi)

I can only guess, but my hunch is something with dvblink is causing the error. Personally I use the tvheadend backend with no issues at all.

joelang6126

Done some more playing around. It would seem the DVBLink addon was incidental. I removed the addon and tried to replicate the issue. It reoccurs after playing a few episodes and hitting the back key. I shall investigate further. 

Thanks for taking time to help me mate, much appreciated.